good crash, splash combo

zepplin92

Alright guys and gals im looking for a good crash/splash combo for my kit. Im starting to jam with some guys sometime this month playing punk rock, something in the 18inch or bigger for the crash and i want to invert a splash on top of the crash something like a 10inch, im kinda partial to Sabian, but im open to change.
if it helps my setup is AA fusion 13in hihats and a 20in AA medium ride.

Thanks

Try the AA Medium Thin in 18 in with a 10 in AA Splash inverted on top. All AAs will sound good together.

my .02$ - 18" AAX X-plosion crash and 12" AAX O-zone splash, good hunting!

Last edited:
hey thanks guys im already pretty set on a AA med thin 18in crash, i have almost no splash knowledge on what is good having never owned one, but i will be using it for accents and stuff like that. you could say im a splash noob.

I'm kind of a splash noob too, I just got some recently when I bought a new kit.
They came with the kit, but I like them.
One was Zildjian 9" Oriental Trash Splash.
The other was a Stagg 10" Trash Splash, and I like them both.

Yeah ive tried other stuff from the oriental line that i liked that but never the splashes the music store near my house only has Z custom splashes, and i dont really like those.
One was Zildjian 9" Oriental Trash Splash.

The Stagg trash splash would probably be good for punk.
It has a nice short sustain with a splashy yet trashy sound.
I like it more than the Zildjian.
I never have liked any Z custom cymbals, maybe that's just me.

For a clean accent, throw a 10" AAX Splash on your AA Med-Thin. AAX O-Zone if your looking for some trash.

My personal pick for a crash mounted accent would be a HH Kang, but you've got an AA-core, so stick with bright splashes.

Alright thanks guys i think im gonna go with the aa med thin 18in, which size splash is most vervsatile 10 or 8, ill be trying some out tommorow, as well inverting a splash wont do any damage to it. as long as i mount it correctly right? thanks for the helps guys!

inverting wont damage the splash unless u bash the crap outta it or hit it straight on, always glance hit cymbals :), the 10" would be best for you i think, it will have a nice high bright sound and be slightly louder then the 8" i think :). GOOD LUCK! :D

10" is my favourite splash size, and I reckon the most versatile. 8" tend to be a bit too high pitched and short to cut through properly, and I've never liked 12" splashes, almost too washy and not enough attack. AA 10" or AAX 10" would be perfect.

sorry guys i didnt follow up on this thread but i got a 18med than Zildjian A. For 70$ but still no splash been looking hard.

Back