Going for it

Icetech

Gold Member
That's a great one, having an 'other place' to practice, I bet that variety goes a long way.

Duct, just curious do you guys have basements there? I keep my kit in the basement.. wintertime it stays about 15c down there (i use a small space heater if i get cold) in the summer when its 30+ it stays about 20c down there. Not sure if you guys have basements there though.. perfect place to play :)

Friedmett

What motivates me? 3 hours of practise?

What really motivates is the awareness of how I learn to play and how it feels when I am focused on doing it. Always practise the weak spot!

Another point of the awareness is that my skills is just habits and the best way to develop those is practise the weak spots with a metronome. A habit forms with repeated motions and a metronome surely do that. Once you get it down and it feels natural then it stays in your system.

So the best way to be creative is to at least focus on a weak spot every day and be creative which is what works for me.

I got my Tama Granstar setup 24/7 in a basement at home so when I feel creative I either play or practise the weak spots.

As for time as long as it takes and if it feels like I got it I know myself enough to know I do and then I can stop or move on to other things.

Duck Tape

Platinum Member
Duct, just curious do you guys have basements there? I keep my kit in the basement.. wintertime it stays about 15c down there (i use a small space heater if i get cold) in the summer when its 30+ it stays about 20c down there. Not sure if you guys have basements there though.. perfect place to play :)
No unfortunately not. I was over in the states about 2 years ago and that was something I noticed, you have big basements under your homes, I'm very jealous.

Thanks all.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
Separate practice rooms are nice in a way because you can sort of go to a job and have no distractions. I practice in my parents boathouse now.

I did prefer to have my kit in my own home, though. That way I could go for a quickie at a real kit at any time. 15-20 mins while waiting for my dinner to get ready......... I could just go sit down behind the kit