GMS Special Edition

johnwesley

Silver Member
The paint job on this kit is very good. Probably get tired of it after a while though. Would be cool if you're a touring musician with 3 or 4 kits that you could alternate so the audience sees you with a different set every time.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
The paint job on this kit is very good.
It sure is. I don't like it, but can't deny the work that went into it.

There was a Pearl safari kit on CL here a couple months ago. Looks very similar:

Pearl%20Zebra-Striped%20Drums%20001.jpg

This isn't the CL kit, just another image I found. This one likes the kick backwards.

gish

I thought it was hideous when I posted it. Just goes to show it’s all in the eye of the beholder.

C.M. Jones

I'd play this kit only if I were gigging on a safari and wanted to blend in with the environment for purposes of evolutionary protection.

TK-421

I'd play this kit only if I were gigging on a safari and wanted to blend in with the environment for purposes of evolutionary protection.
On a safari, those zebra stripes won’t make you blend in. They’re more akin to ringing the dinner bell.

C.M. Jones

On a safari, those zebra stripes won’t make you blend in. They’re more akin to ringing the dinner bell.

I was thinking more along the lines of insect repellent. As I recall from a childhood book, a Zebra's stripes protect it from flies and similar pests. Of course, out in the wild, what preserves you in one manner makes you vulnerable in another. Nature has a unique means of ensuring that we'll all end up dead. That's the only form of constancy on our planet.

Fortunately, the harsh realities of safari life are remote from my experiences.

gish

I was thinking more along the lines of insect repellent. As I recall from a childhood book, a Zebra's stripes protect it from flies and similar pests. Of course, out in the wild, what preserves you in one manner makes you vulnerable in another. Nature has a unique means of ensuring that we'll all end up dead. That's the only form of constancy on our planet.

Fortunately, the harsh realities of safari life are remote from my experiences.
Not sure if I would go after a zebra in the wild or not, but that drum kit finish IS repelling me. So I guess zebra won’t be on my menu anytime soon!