gloves for drummers

KDB

so I have little baby hands and need some gloves to keep myself from getting blisters. when I'm done playing ill have painful blisters and some times I'll literals leave some blood on the kit and sticks, so I just need some recommendations on drumming gloves.

johnwesley

Silver Member
How long have you been playing and how much time do you spend each day? It's normal for someone to get blisters when starting out but that goes away once you get better control of your sticks.

C.M. Jones

I don't play with gloves, but for transporting, breaking down, and setting up equipment, I use AHEAD drumming gloves. They're very well made. You can order them directly from AHEAD or from a variety of other retailers.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I will second the golf gloves. Just make sure you buy a left and a right.

Bandaids are your friends. When you start to get a blister put a bandaid over it. It will take the abuse of the stick instead of your skin.

I dont know what sticks you use, but you may consider going thicker/thinner. Blisters could be from squeezing too hard to hold on to the stick because it doesn't really fit your hand.

KDB

How long have you been playing and how much time do you spend each day? It's normal for someone to get blisters when starting out but that goes away once you get better control of your sticks.
well I have been playing for 5 years, but the blisters only started earlier this year. and lately I haven't had allot of time for drumming so when I do I get blisters.

johnwesley

Silver Member
I hadn't played in years then got back into it 7 years ago. I too was getting blisters, but after a while they stopped. I attribute that to getting used to holding the sticks again and relearning control. No more problems. I never used gloves during my pro career and no offense, think they're a bit "sissy".

felonious69

so I have little baby hands and need some gloves to keep myself from getting blisters. when I'm done playing ill have painful blisters and some times I'll literals leave some blood on the kit and sticks, so I just need some recommendations on drumming gloves.
Ever try batting gloves? Tight fit, good dexterity, good grip. I use them for sword play. I suppose close to golf glove, 'cept ya get both.

TK-421

I’ve never worn drumming gloves. The trick is to maintain a relaxed grip when playing. Gripping the stick too firmly not only causes blisters, it also makes playing more difficult than it needs to be and can even contribute to dented heads and broken cymbals.