Gloryhammer's first live outing

PQleyR

Platinum Member
Thank you! To say that the audience was going off is quite an understatement, they went absolutely mad in every sense of the word! We signed a lot of strange objects including an inflatable hammer and someone's trousers.

PQleyR

Platinum Member
I was sans shirt from halfway through the gig because the ropey things on the sleeves were getting in the way and I didn't have time to do anything else about it. I think the cloak would have been a death sentence given that even audience members commented how hot it was...maybe if we do some outdoor gigs in winter I'll keep it on.

Next gig is Metaldays festival in Slovenia, 23rd of July, where the stage will be bigger than this entire venue was! More to be announced soon too, I'll keep you posted.

Toolate

Platinum Member
What genre of music is this medieval, theatrical form of metal/rock called? Very interesting and musical. I liked it.

The fact that someone brought the big inflatable hammer to your first gig is a good sign from the music gods..

toddmc

Gold Member
What genre of music is this medieval, theatrical form of metal/rock called? Very interesting and musical. I liked it.

The fact that someone brought the big inflatable hammer to your first gig is a good sign from the music gods..
"Power metal" I believe...

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Ben I loved that. You have a friggin cool band man. I love the mood you guys create. Medieval all the way. It just really strikes a chord. You guys hit upon a really fresh sound IMO. Your fans seem VERY into your stuff. I really like the Angus McFife song, it's classic. I mean I like all the stuff, it's just that Angus seems like it should be on the radio. Is it? And BTW, your drumming is just impeccable. Your drumming and your look fit perfect in this band. Can you wear the robes to the LDS?

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Next gig is Metaldays festival in Slovenia, 23rd of July, where the stage will be bigger than this entire venue was! More to be announced soon too, I'll keep you posted.
Yes, although a great gig, I was kinda thinking it was a fairly modest venue for a band with a video approaching 300,000 hits & independent album reviews hitting Youtube. Looking forward to news/reviews/video of that Slovenia gig. Any UK stuff planned?

your drumming is just impeccable. Your drumming and your look fit perfect in this band. Can you wear the robes to the LDS?
Couldn't agree more Larry. Ben's drumming is most refreshing in this genre according to my limited knowledge. He chooses to simplify where others would wield the double pedal relentlessly. Punchy, simple, & effective snare fills too. Very confident playing choices IMHO.

Yes Ben, got to arrive at LDS in full regalia :)

T

The Old Hyde

I only watched the first clip, you guys are like the medieval Kiss!!!! So cool you play in all the gear. Awesome!!

PQleyR

Platinum Member
I agree! I think there were actually two inflatable hammers, so it's a doubly good omen. Also, there was a pair of people dressed as Batman and Robin for some reason.

"Power metal" I believe...
Our publicity material says 'Heroic Fantasy Power Metal'. Make of that what you will.

Ben I loved that. You have a friggin cool band man. I love the mood you guys create. Medieval all the way. It just really strikes a chord. You guys hit upon a really fresh sound IMO. Your fans seem VERY into your stuff. I really like the Angus McFife song, it's classic. I mean I like all the stuff, it's just that Angus seems like it should be on the radio. Is it? And BTW, your drumming is just impeccable. Your drumming and your look fit perfect in this band. Can you wear the robes to the LDS?
Thanks Larry, and congrats on your 10k posts by the way! I believe there has been some airplay in the US at least, and obviously obscure internet radio stations play it but they play everything. While it would be amusing to arrive at the LDS in full costume I don't like to imagine the looks I would get on the way there!

Yes, although a great gig, I was kinda thinking it was a fairly modest venue for a band with a video approaching 300,000 hits & independent album reviews hitting Youtube. Looking forward to news/reviews/video of that Slovenia gig. Any UK stuff planned?
Well, firstly other, bigger venues in that area (near where keyboard player/evil wizard Chris lives) didn't think anybody would turn up, and secondly Chris wanted it to be a quiet affair as a warmup for bigger gigs in the future. Both turned out to be wrong!
We do have UK stuff planned, I'll post about it on here as soon as it's announced.