Gig night?

Netz Ausg

Silver Member
Alright ladies and gents, it's Saturday! Who of you is out tonight earning some £ or otherwise entertaining people for peanuts?

What's the gig, what's the venue like, headline/support, paid/unpaid, afterparty?

I'm heading out with band A (Bodafire) to play at a benefit - It's called Charity L Party (dresscode for attendees is anything starting with L, like a lobster) in aid of Bristol Children's Hospital Cardiac Unit. We're the sole act of the night, playing from 9/9.30 - late. We're taking a new dep bassist out with us too, so it's a nervous excitement deal tonight! Especially after our last gig was shocking! We are being paid, but it's mostly to cover the dep and otherwise our fuel/rehearsal costs.

How about you fine folk, what's occurring?

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Good luck on the gig. Sounds like a very worthwhile cause :)

Two gigs this weekend :) :) :)

Leaving out in a couple of hours for tonight's gig, as it's about 1 1/2 hours drive away. New venue, no supporting fans, so interesting to see how we're received. I love mystery gigs!!!!!!

Tomorrow night we're back on home turf. Pretty much guaranteed a rocking night. I love this venue, 'cos we really crank the subs up & let the bass drum spread it's love all over the gyrating chicks :)

To all gigging over the weekend, approach your gig with the same mindset as these guys, & you'll be doing just fine :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7j-lIAxSOU&feature=related + superb fun!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Tonight I will be observing an Allman Brothers tribute band that I have an audition for in 2 days at World Cafe Live in Phila.
Sunday night I will be doing my part of the host band at my weekly open mic Blues jam....for peanuts.

This is the slowest gig month I've had in years. Only 6 gigs this month. Glad I was asked to audition, my dance card has entirely too much space.

Great link Andy. The rhythm sounds so happy and positive, very enjoyable.

B

Balto

Another practice last night with the new band. My first gig with them is in 3 weeks at an outdoor festival. Things are coming together. A lot of very simple music, so my focus is on keeping things tight. The singer tells me after every practice that I have really helped to focus the music. That is nice coming from the singer. They usually worry about themselves. I am finding it a little hard getting excited about learning tunes, I would not normally listen to on my iphone, but at least it will get me out playing again.

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
I'm on the road at the moment with Weird Al, we're playing the Fox Theatre in Detroit, a lovely, classic Broadway production venue with a large stage and amazing decor inside. Looks like about 4,000 seats.

Funny, in 29 years of touring, we've only played in Detroit once before! For those familiar with the area, our usual venue is Meadowbrook in Rochester Hills.

Bermuda

B

Balto

I'm on the road at the moment with Weird Al, we're playing the Fox Theatre in Detroit, a lovely, classic Broadway production venue with a large stage and amazing decor inside. Looks like about 4,000 seats.

Funny, in 29 years of touring, we've only played in Detroit once before! For those familiar with the area, our usual venue is Meadowbrook in Rochester Hills.

Bermuda
Sounds like fun! Anytime you want to trade for a night let me know. :)

8Mile

Platinum Member
Bermuda!

So, I took my mom to the Tiger game last night for her birthday, and as we're driving along Woodward, of course Comerica Park is directly across the street from the Fox. I look at the marquee and I see Weird Al is playing there tonight! I had no idea. I wish I had been paying attention when the show was announced because I would have come for sure.

Good luck with the show tonight! Wish I could be there.

wsabol

Gold Member
I'm playing at a pretty popular water front bar tonight. Should be pretty crazy since its Cinco de Mayo and all. I'll be playing with two of my favorite people on planet Earth to play with too, a guitar and bass player. Its been a while since we have all gigged together. I'm very excited.

Florian

Gold Member
Finally a weekend OFF! Have a very busy summer schedule, so Im just gonna just be lazy and watch tv with the wife.

F

Drumolator

Platinum Member
Our blues band is playing tonight at the Italian restaurant where we have played most of our gigs. They really like us there. Tonight will be the debut of our new female singer, so it should be interesting. We are also recording the whole thing. We usually get a good crowd there. Peace, goodwill, and blues.

My 90s-rock cover band played at an English pub/restaurant, where we have a monthly-or-so gig ... thought it was gonna be dead 'cause of Cinco de Mayo ... but it turned out pretty well ... a bunch of folks showed up late so we played an hour longer than planned. Crowd and waitstaff were happy, so I was too :)