Gibraltar Stealth Docking Station

Jeff Almeyda

Senior Consultant
This is new from Gibraltar, a nod to the original rails from the origins of the drumset.

I just bought a new Tama kit with a virgin BD and am contemplating this.

I know that it will hold the stuff, I just don't know if I want the look or not.

Any thoughts on the look?

I just saw this thing the other day. I am a fan of racks. I don't like this thing. It seems like a bunch of wasted tube. Horizontal tubes, fine. Vertical tubes, fine. Anything in between is kinda useless in my opinion.

Gibraltar is getting kind of weird with this stuff. The stealth racks, the double bass pedal snare basket, and now this docking station. They are starting to make drum mounting options look like playground equipment. It's a bit much in my opinion.

I just saw this thing the other day. I am a fan of racks. I don't like this thing. It seems like a bunch of wasted tube. Horizontal tubes, fine. Vertical tubes, fine. Anything in between is kinda useless in my opinion.

Gibraltar is getting kind of weird with this stuff. The stealth racks, the double bass pedal snare basket, and now this docking station. They are starting to make drum mounting options look like playground equipment. It's a bit much in my opinion.

I know what you mean. The more I look at it, the more I feel that I might hate it in 6 months.

I'm a big fan of their Stealth racks, but this thing is a solution looking for a problem and the "solution" is actually worse in every single way I could think of to the problem they're trying to solve.

Yikes!

Yeah, I went with the Tama hardware

The stealth stuff is awesome. It really tightens up the footprint and weight

I like the little table it looks perfect for a laptop.

If you do any bow hunting you already have a case for it.
This is what I was wondering when I first saw it- how would one transport it easily? It would aggravate me to have to carry it in separately from the rest of my hardware in the case.

This is new from Gibraltar, a nod to the original rails from the origins of the drumset.

I just bought a new Tama kit with a virgin BD and am contemplating this.

I know that it will hold the stuff, I just don't know if I want the look or not.

Any thoughts on the look?

I don't mind the aesthetics - it's for a very specific thing...22" kicks -1 Rack tom - couple cymbals....so that's literally one style of set up it works for. You'd be replacing maybe...1 Tom Stand for the rack, 1 Ride Stand, and 2 ish Cymbal Stands.

My gripe about it is that typically you'd want a rack as a system when you're starting to get too many cymbals stands or tom stands, etc....and while this system technically is less hardware - that big ol' curved rack seem like a pain to travel with. You'd have to have such a specific size of gear bag. Which I guess he does say it includes.

I don't hate it - it's just very, very niche.

I'm really interested in this rack. I'm curious why they market it specifically for a 4-piece. If it can handle a 10" AND a 12" tom then I'm sold. I prefer having my toms above the bass drum, and my latest kit has a virgin kick. I always struggle getting the position right with two tom stands.

This model has its place. I am using a pair of the stealth racks. They hold everything I have on a 7 piece kit and eliminate the snare stand tripod feet and the foot print is smaller than a traditional rack I use previously

I got a a Stealth rack. I find it very time consuming to set up. Not workable for gigging if it needs to be broken down.
Home and studio use is fine though.
Get a Pearl for gigging. They fold.

I got a a Stealth rack. I find it very time consuming to set up. Not workable for gigging if it needs to be broken down.
Home and studio use is fine though.
Get a Pearl for gigging. They fold.
Hmm... The initial setup took time to get things in the right spot but what is taking time to setup after that? Are you not using memory locks?

I dig it!

I spent some time last year putting parts together to mount my ride from my bass drum, and if this could also add my tom, but have it offset to the side where it would be directly in front of my snare, I'll definitely look into. That would 2 fewer stands to transport and set up! I could probably add a cowbell holder to it as well and who knows what else.

Gibraltar really seems to be leading the way in innovative hardware design. Good for them.

Back