gibraltar single pedals?

it seems the general consensus is that Gibraltar makes solid hardware. However I am not able to find any positive reviews for their single pedals? are any of them good? if not how is it that they can make some of the best hardware but lack in the pedal department?

I've had a Gibraltar pedal in the past. It was fine. Well built, nothing fancy, did what it is supposed to. IMO, the problem is the price. You can get a pedal from any of the name brand guys for the same price point. The Gibraltar G Class direct drive single pedal is like $230. Why would I buy that when I can take my $230 and get a name brand pedal that is going to be just as good, if not better? Hell, for $230 I can buy a new DW 5000. Why would anyone buy the Gibraltar over the DW? Yes I know, dd vs chain. Then I will take my $230, buy a used Eliminator, and the DD linkage from Drum Factory Direct and build my own for still less $$$.

Reactions: TJK
I've had a Gibraltar pedal in the past. It was fine. Well built, nothing fancy, did what it is supposed to. IMO, the problem is the price. You can get a pedal from any of the name brand guys for the same price point. The Gibraltar G Class direct drive single pedal is like $230. Why would I buy that when I can take my $230 and get a name brand pedal that is going to be just as good, if not better? Hell, for $230 I can buy a new DW 5000. Why would anyone buy the Gibraltar over the DW? Yes I know, dd vs chain. Then I will take my $230, buy a used Eliminator, and the DD linkage from Drum Factory Direct and build my own for still less $$$.

I ask because i can find g class pedals from 100 - 125 where something like modern IC 900's used are 200

For $100 used if you’re looking for a workhorse, that’s probably a solid choice.

I’ve never played one so can’t really speak about them. I can only generalize based on reliability of Gibraltar hardware.

I think they are in a crowded market offering nothing that sets them apart so they probably get lost among the other brands.

Back