Gibraltar 4700 series hardware

Anyone have any experience with this series? Wanting to lighten up my hardware bag and have heard good things about the Yamaha 600 series and Tama Stage Master series but not much about these. Thanks.

Anyone have any experience with this series? Wanting to lighten up my hardware bag and have heard good things about the Yamaha 600 series and Tama Stage Master series but not much about these. Thanks.

No experience with that exact line but when comparing any Gibraltar product to any Tama product I've ever owned (many of both) I can confidently tell you that the fit and finish on Tama far exceeds Gibraltar. Every piece of Gibraltar hardware I've ever bought had poor chrome (usually chipping off new out of the box), bad flashing issues, teeth on gear tilters never meet up perfectly, and they are always slightly crooked. That said, I currently own two pieces of Gibraltar hardware and though they are ugly and finicky they work fine and were much cheaper then their alternatives. I bought a Gibraltar bass drum cymbal mount and it's such an ugly POS that it's been sitting next to my drums for weeks yet to be installed (even with all this quarantine related spare time). I use small kits with minimal hardware so typically I'll buy Gibraltar because single pieces are cheaper, if you are looking for a whole hardware set I HIGHLY suggest Tama or Yamaha as you get the quality and reliability but a lower price point due to buying a whole set. Even the cheapest low end Tama and Yamaha hardware will handle anything you throw at it (or throw it at, trust me lol). Unless you are crashing 24" rides with 2b's or mounting 3 drums and 6 cymbals on one stand or have a pro road crew to move your gear... Double braced stands are a waste of time, money, weight, and metal. Tama gear is so reliable that I downgraded from an iron cobra to an hp10 pedal and it's fine.

Thank you. I appreciate it. I've been leaning towards the single braced Tama stage master pack. Maybe an extra double braced boom stand for the ride. Thanks again for the feedback.

Last edited:
I have two of the 4700 boom stands, and I really like them. I have used hardware from Slingerland, Ludwig, Pearl, DW, Tama, Mapex, Yamaha, Gretsch, and Gibraltar. I prefer Gibraltar over all of the rest. Peace and goodwill.

Back