Get your "custom" Zildjian T-shirt-Only $100

Out of Round

Well, it's cheaper than the N&C Zildjian Bronze snare was and it's softer too...

I understand not wanting to appear static as a company. And yes, you can probably even get boxer shorts with the Zildjian logo, but too many of these type things seem to look off-message for Zildjian. It doesn't put me off Zildjian, though. Not unless they change the beautiful (and ubiquitous) logo, which is when we really need to worry about things at the company.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Damn 100 bucks- so you get a bakers dozen of t- shirts? Should I use Art or GetAgrippa- I guess it depends if they charge by the letter. If they do then it will be ”Ot”. My bot name lol

Al Strange

Paiste do beautiful and competitively priced t-shirts… :unsure: 😁 Joking aside, they know a lot of Zildjian guys are emotionally invested in their product and like to proudly display this by wearing their apparel. This is simply an attempt to exploit the most emotionally invested members of the Zildjian demographic. For me, c.£100 for an item of clothing is an absolute no go; I stopped buying football (soccer) and rugby shirts for this reason (they’re manufactured for next to nothing in sweat shops and marked up to exploit the emotional investment of the fans)…:unsure:

wraub

Gibson and Fender have been doing similar for years, only worse. Harley Davidson was there before them. It seems to be what happens when music brands also become "lifestyle" brands.

MrPockets

Gold Member
What's with Zildjian and Sabian trying to be all "hip, edgy rad and siiiiiiiick, bruh"?

I feel like they don't care about alienating their older or more conservative players. But then again, we're generally the ones with the most disposable income.

Strange. Maybe I'm just getting old.

I would assume Zildjian is big enough to do meaningful market research and apparently this is what the younger people want from companies to feel part of the family.

I would also assume Zildjian has enough money to spend on risks like this.

s1212z

Zildjian has enough money to spend on risks like this.
I like the pun, behold 400 years of craftsmanship.

I actually like the sound/concept of the FX crash, but should cost ~$100, not $300….just looks lazy and overpriced, they could do a bit more on the experimental front to refine it for that price. Now we are putting butterflies on it. I expect this to be a fad we’ll laugh at on a few years.

I thought Zildjian had a healthy direction in the last 10 years…the revised As, Avedis line, excellent creative new K cons, Keropes…got me loyal to the Zs again, this is what the consumer market had been begging for a long time. The mega doom looks interesting as well, hopefully they can keep this part up.

Attachments

• 9660637E-E7C4-4403-B010-5D3AE141DB8D.jpeg
    9660637E-E7C4-4403-B010-5D3AE141DB8D.jpeg
    401.3 KB · Views: 6

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
The classic black Zildjian tee with white lettering and the stamp on the back that everybody has owned is already a work of art. Why they gotta fix what ain't broke? A company that's survived since 1623 doesn't need to keep proving themselves in this way, it's undignified (and cheesy).
This!
Simplicity doesn't need a renovation. If you're going to pay a company to advertise for them, pick one you like & stick with it.

someguy01

Shirt, no shirt, w/e. It does seem to me that there has been an inordinate amount of company marketing expenditure for a t-shirt.

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
I thought Zildjian had a healthy direction in the last 10 years…the revised As, Avedis line, excellent creative new K cons, Keropes…got me loyal to the Zs again, this is what the consumer market had been begging for a long time. The mega doom looks interesting as well, hopefully they can keep this part up.
I've always had a hard spot for the Z's. Especially the older Z line from the 80's.
Raw, in-your-face cymbal power and a ride with a bell you could hear down the street.

The new one's just don't seem to have the same "zero F's given" mentality.

s1212z

I've always had a hard spot for the Z's. Especially the older Z line from the 80's.
Raw, in-your-face cymbal power and a ride with a bell you could hear down the street.

The new one's just don't seem to have the same "zero F's given" mentality.
There is no reason to have both really, if others preferred the heavier versions from 80s-90s, should be able to get them if the market is there. The original Zs were like anvils, I did like my K/Z pair though. The Z customs sounded very good in louder music. I did crack several heavier Zildjian crashes though...I must have been bashing hard then. But those As were not nearly as versatile....but they were promoting the A Custom line pretty heavily at that time that filled the market if I recall.

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
I did crack several heavier Zildjian crashes though...I must have been bashing hard then.
I've heard heavier cymbals won't take the abuse as well as thinner ones. Despite the common thought that the reverse is true.

someguy01

M
I've heard heavier cymbals won't take the abuse as well as thinner ones. Despite the common thought that the reverse is true.
Makes sense actually. The thinner cymbals have some give and will flex, when they get thicker the flex goes away and I'd see it as prone to cracking.