Get off your drummer's throne and

Gentlemen please play nice. Vacations can be handed out if you wish.

Epic meltdown Doug. Might wanna thicken that hide before you next decide to launch the opening salvo.

FWIW, Dre. I thought it was an hilarious post........and the element of truth contained wasn't lost on me either. Guess that must just be our good old fashioned Aussie irreverence at play here mate. :)

Epic meltdown Doug. Might wanna thicken that hide before you next decide to launch the opening salvo.

FWIW, Dre. I thought it was an hilarious post........and the element of truth contained wasn't lost on me either. Guess that must just be our good old fashioned Aussie irreverence at play here mate. :)

I don't blame Doug, he just misunderstood... we're cool.

I totally get and appreciate Dre's irreverence - it's not strictly an Aussie trait, mate. It's just at times, Dre throws a quick sucker-punch below the belt and I just felt like retuning the favor.

Then there are the noobies that should probably get a teacher instead of torturing us and eating up a whole lot of misinformation

Guilty as charged. :)

I don't blame Doug, he just misunderstood...

No. He tried to stir the pot......which is completely cool by me. In fact as so many of you are aware, I often encourage it and can usually be found as one the very first respondents to the fun and games when people try to do so. But if you're gonna do it, then at least display the temerity and intestinal fortitude to see it through. Running to the mods, threatening to report people and otherwise crying foul because someone played the game better than you did is nothing short of weak. There's just no other way to wrap it up, I'm afraid. It wasn't a misunderstanding at all. He called for a good old fashioned shit stir and then couldn't cope when it came to him.

But, that's a side issue. As to the crux of your post.........

Dre throws a quick sucker-punch below the belt and I just felt like retuning the favor.

I have no issue with that at all Mitch. His post gave me a giggle. But if you saw something there which you perceived as a cheap shot, then you have my respect for standing your ground and saying so. Just as I respect anyone who can present an argument and articulate their thoughts instead of complaining to a mod. :)

Step 1: Log off forum.

Step 2: Go practise drums in all the time you would have wasted reading and posting on here, and getting into stupid arguments about pointless things like which brand is best.

Step 3: Become better drummer than everyone here.

Simple :)

Sounds like I missed the fun and games. Highly disappointing!

Doug, I'll just lay another one down. You've been here since March. I've been here since June 2004. You have no idea what this forum is like!

I arrived here a little later than, on Christmas day in 2005. There have been several different crews that have populated the board since then and things will vary. I've seen love-fests. I've also seen mass defections. revenge forums and people actually get physically threatened over WFD. Just when you think the forum is played out, something comes along.

This is a living thing, this forum. The activity level varies as member lives play out.

Ok, maybe I f'd up. Ok, I said it, I f'd up. I did misunderstand some things, Mitch and I are ok, we metup and had fisticuffs offline... No, we exchanged a PM or two, and he clarified some things.

Yeah, I ran to a mod, oh well, that's why Mods are here, to insure fair play. Right? If I wasn't playing fair, then call me down, if someone else wasn't, call them down.

At the recommendation of someone else, I've been told you all are not such a bunch of bannanaheads, Chimps, or Gorillas and this forum is ok. You know they can drum though, right? ;)

I'll apologize for my rant, I'll eat some crow, pass the catsup please, this stuff is tough... Now I'm moving on, anybody else wants to take a shot, please shoot straight. I don't want to bleed to death. Instant and painless would be much better.

At least I earned member status, and proved I have some fortitude, or something.

somebody get that man a bag of overpriced theater pop with butter with all the bad stuff in it... so he can finish watching the show...

Step 1: Log off forum.

Step 2: Go practise drums in all the time you would have wasted reading and posting on here, and getting into stupid arguments about pointless things like which brand is best.

Simple :)

I agree partially.
But then you logged back on ;)

At least I earned member status, and proved I have some fortitude, or something.

In other words, your motivation for posting this meaningless thread was to help you get enough posts to bump you up from "junior member" to "member" status?

Only messing with you now Doug, no fisticuffs required....

Yes Geezer, imagine the potholes ahead getting to Senior member! I accept your challenge to a drum off. Anyone that calls themself geezer is right up my bowling alley... I had a little good Rogers gear over the years. I still have a 73 Rogers Dynasonic snare in better than average shape. As long as I don't let Chuck Norris do any rimshots on it, it should hopefully stay in that condition...

Yes Geezer, imagine the potholes ahead getting to Senior member! I accept your challenge to a drum off. Anyone that calls themself geezer is right up my bowling alley... I had a little good Rogers gear over the years. I still have a 73 Rogers Dynasonic snare in better than average shape. As long as I don't let Chuck Norris do any rimshots on it, it should hopefully stay in that condition...

Don't remember any drum off challenges being thrown down - pissing contests aren't really my thing. But if we're having a moongel challenge you've won, hands down!

Don't remember any drum off challenges being thrown down - pissing contests aren't really my thing. But if we're having a moongel challenge you've won, hands down!

I personally prefer when two gents have one of their hands taped to each other. Give them each a Sharpe marker. Put a cassette of Michael Jackson's "Beat It" in a silver boom box. Hit play.

I agree partially.
But then you logged back on ;)

I'm not really sure if that's a backhanded compliment or not, so if so, thanks!

And if not... Probably walked right into it XD

Back to piano practice... err I mean drum practice... *runs away*

Back