Genesis “The Last Domino” 2021 Tour

Loved them 40 years ago and cherish the memory of seeing them perform back then.

My heart and wallet can't take traveling across the continent to witness Phil coming out with a cane to sit in his padded chair throughout the show.
He ain't looking good.

I'm signed up and I just got the email for tomorrow's pre-sale. My guess is once the public on-sale opens all that will be left is the $90 nosebleeds and the $1500 front row tickets. With this being my first post-covid Ticketmaster purchase it'll be interesting to see how this goes...
I got into the pre-sale also! Good luck brother.

Same here. Good luck, gents!

Got em'!

They disappeared fast but I was able to snag two tickets in the upper bowl, right smack in the middle so that sight lines and soundstage should be great. Yay!

yeah the pre-sale was confusing and incredibly stressful. 2000 people ahead of me! Plus I had my work zoom meeting, kids' online learning, and wife's Peloton workout going on. Was terrified the internet would cut out lol. Got the best tix I could get within reason (super premium tix were 1500+ in Toronto). Wound up here which isn't too bad. Yippee!!!

1620224885801.png

yeah the pre-sale was confusing and incredibly stressful. 2000 people ahead of me! Plus I had my work zoom meeting, kids' online learning, and wife's Peloton workout going on. Was terrified the internet would cut out lol. Got the best tix I could get within reason (super premium tix were 1500+ in Toronto). Wound up here which isn't too bad. Yippee!!!

View attachment 104163
Nice!

I had to choose between being close or being centered. Hopefully I chose well. Just happy to be going!

Was skimming through the VIP packages and came across this.

Could it be?? 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼😄😄😄😄

Attachments

• BF4EBB20-4711-41D5-80A9-8BF7F8C21560.jpeg
    BF4EBB20-4711-41D5-80A9-8BF7F8C21560.jpeg
    475 KB · Views: 26
Was skimming through the VIP packages and came across this.

Could it be?? 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼😄😄😄😄
Yeah, I saw that too. Phil had been saying a while back he was going to play a little, and a second kit was visible both in the rehearsal photos and (virtually hidden) in some of the teaser video.

My ticket odyssey was about as nerve wracking as everyone else's it seems. I also had to go for distant but centered. Almost exactly where I saw Phil in the same venue last year, so I know the seats won't be too bad. I had been hoping for something a little closer, but I had to go with the intersection of availability and affordability.

If I see him drumming along to second home by the sea, the instrumental part of Firth of Fifth and/or Los Endos I can quite literally die a happy man.

i had the choice of going to see genesis at £700+ for decent seats, or going to see steve hackett play selling england by the pound the same night at a venue around the corner from where genesis were playing for free with a friend, i chose the latter.

I'll just wait to see the Musical Box again when they tour this show in a few years.

To help addd to the anticpation, this is from N&C's webpage a few years ago:

"A matching set for father and son! These two 7x14 SS Classic Maple snares in Antique White gloss are heading out to Phil Collins and his son Nick."

17814306_10154835946388445_1254561768482415060_o.jpg

Can't do it. Too expensive, and I can't watch these mostly crippled guys try to re-live their glory days. I passed on Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax for the same reasons.

Ticket prices will get a big no from me.

I understand he's had some nerve damage & can't be the Phil we all know & love. Jack Russell (of Great White) is like that to an extent when I saw him in 2019. Can't walk right, has trouble standing for long periods & just looks broke.
But put the mic in his hand & he's alive again!

I saw footage of Phil's show in Puerto Rico & he still sounds great. You just have to get past the prices & him looking like your granddad singing about the old times in the living room.

The PBS documentary about the upcoming Genesis tour (made for US television) has appeared on YouTube.

Warning: massive spoilers!

Band sounds great - Nick plays well on drums. Phil’s health issues really seem to be catching up to him though.

Well Im gonna say it....how bout they give PG a ring...Its the last hurrah and they were all mates once...let bygones be bygones...no? Gabriel must still be making a mint in royalties.

Well Im gonna say it....how bout they give PG a ring...Its the last hurrah and they were all mates once...let bygones be bygones...no? Gabriel must still be making a mint in royalties.

Wow.. i actually for some reason thought PG died like 15 years ago.. i had to go google it.... that was weird... (i think i got him and robert palmer confused..)

Back