G'day from australia

tamapauly

G'day from Adelaide AU
My name is Paul, I have been lurking for a while, but after being banned for thinking i was spam cause of my user name i thought i should introduce myself.
I mucked about wtih drums in my younger years for a while but , unfortunatley lost interest when i started working. Biggest mistake i ever made was giving up drums. Fast forward 30+ years , i married a beautiful woman & we have a young fella named Jack. so we bought him a kids kit to have a bash on. i got keen & bought a cheap ekit. Then seen an add on gumtree for drum gear a guy was selling. I wanted his drum throne, & made an offer.
That has snowballed into buying all his gear, so i now have a tama rokstar kit which is awesome with zildjian A custom cymbals. So much great stuff here. I enjoy trying to get better & hope Jack takes up the drums.
Happy drumming
Cheers & beers
tamapauly

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Welcome mate. Glad you decided to make yourself known.

FWIW, as a dad, stepdad, and various other titles...nothing but nothing bonds adult and kids like music, drums especially. Everyone can hit things.

Catch you around.

basset52

Hi, As a fellow Adelaide drummer welcome! There is another bloke from Adelaide on here as well.

Morrisman

Platinum Member
Welcome from yet another Adelaid-ean. Nice to hear from you.

And I agree, drumming and making music with your kids is wonderful.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Welcome great forum, great people, great site. You have to filter through some crap and crazies (I’m not mentioning any names) but overall it’s great.

joeymakesmusic

Not an Aussie but love your country. I lived there for two years (Perth 1 year, 1 year in Adelaide). I don't think I've met a more outdoorsy, active and generally happy people.

Love your sporting culture too. AFL is awesome and once I got the hang of it, cricket was more fun than I realized. Especially playing it.

And man, for someone who grew up in upstate NY and went to college in Buffalo, the weather is just too perfect