GC Wouldn't Let Me In

Status
Not open for further replies.
The virus may be 1 micron - the droplets carrying it are bigger.

In Canada, we're being asked NOT to buy N95 masks. Every N95 mask I buy is one less that the health care system can get. We're being asked to wear "non-medical" masks to prevent spreading water droplets when we speak loudly, laugh, cough, etc. The non-medical mask is NOT intended to protect the wearer of the mask. It's for the benefit of others.

I understand how the right-wingers are annoyed because wearing a mask has become a form of virtue-signalling but... in this case, the virtue is caring about people other than yourself, and it's real, it's not just political correctness.

But I really don't want to see people screaming at someone who doesn't wear a mask. Not everyone can be as awesome as us. :)

Last edited:
Oh really? Remind me again the last time the entire country quarantined for the flu. If we didn't follow social distancing and quarantining the country, do you honestly believe we would have 100,000 deaths right now? Please....?

What's your problem? It's simple math to illustrate a point. You're all indignant? Please....?

Which is exactly why the Deep State Illuminati Shadow Government of Alien Overloads The Solar Federation created the International Date Line.

"Attention all planets of The Solar Federation..."

Last edited:
Remember when they used to spray inside planes before you landed?

I've been spraying some Brunswich Shoe Spray in my mouth profylactically every day for the past two weeks and I have yet to come down with the 'Rona. So it must be working. Once you get past the taste, it's not really that bad.

image.png

Last edited:
Oh really? Remind me again the last time the entire country quarantined for the flu. If we didn't follow social distancing and quarantining the country, do you honestly believe we would have 100,000 deaths right now? Please....?

Remember though that there is a vaccine for the flu, and here in the US,
very many people get that vaccine every year, and still the death rate from the flu remains high:

My point was that there is a vaccine available for the flu, and many people still die from it.

Also, that there is currently no vaccine available for the Corona virus.

What you say is true certainly, however that is an overly simplistic view that doesn't take into account the fact that the Corona Virus can be transmitted whether you are symptomatic or not, has a 14 day incubation period and can survive much longer in external environments than the flu. So, yes, a vaccine is critical to bringing this thing under control, but if it is here to stay, it will likely overtake the flu as a killer even after a vaccine is developed and distributed simply because it is more virulent.

Were the employees working at the GC wearing masks. I hope since they were requiring you to.

There may never bee a vaccine. There is no flu vaccine, but a flu shot. It's based on best guess scenarios of how we think the virus will mutate. There's never been a vaccine for AIDS for example. The WHO just announced the public shouldn't wear face masks, unless working directly with Covid patients. That's a big switch from their previous position and the one before that and the fact that this thing is, is not transmutable via air, surfaces. It changes weekly. Never been a big fan of the WHO, but I know most eat up every word. Now, time for you all to take yours off, because they said so. There's our age of information at work right there...

Were the employees working at the GC wearing masks. I hope since they were requiring you to.

Yes, the two I saw were wearing masks. Not medical grade, just masks.

I apologize for this thread. I didnt want it to become another Covid discussion. The initial question was should they even bother to be open. I see how and why it devolved, but that was not my intention.

Yes, the two I saw were wearing masks. Not medical grade, just masks.

I apologize for this thread. I didnt want it to become another Covid discussion. The initial question was should they even bother to be open. I see how and why it devolved, but that was not my intention.

Don't sweat it, man. Just order online from now on. :)

This has been my favorite live thread since it started. I'm not on any other social media so it's been interesting for me to hear how people are feeling about things. Especially interesting to hear from other musicians.

There may never bee a vaccine. There is no flu vaccine, but a flu shot. It's based on best guess scenarios of how we think the virus will mutate. There's never been a vaccine for AIDS for example. The WHO just announced the public shouldn't wear face masks, unless working directly with Covid patients. That's a big switch from their previous position and the one before that and the fact that this thing is, is not transmutable via air, surfaces. It changes weekly. Never been a big fan of the WHO, but I know most eat up every word. Now, time for you all to take yours off, because they said so. There's our age of information at work right there...
Predictably, the reality is significantly more nuanced than the headline:

The World Health Organization issued new guidance this week that may seem confusing to Americans, who have been advised by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to wear cloth face masks in public to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
"If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19," the newly updated WHO guidelines read.
Both organizations are considered to be reliable, authoritative sources of public health information. So why are they offering conflicting guidance on wearing masks during the pandemic?
The answer may come down to practicality, according to Dr. William Schaffner, medical director of the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases.
At this point in the United States' outbreak, nearly everyone can find a mask or make one, Schaffner explained, which may not be true in every country around the world, especially countries with fewer resources than the U.S.
Advising universal mask wearing in a place where it's impossible to adhere to that guidance could hurt the WHO's reputation in those countries, he explained.
Another possible risk in places where masks aren't universally available is the potential for health care workers to be unable to get them, leaving them unprotected while caring for sick patients. Earlier in the U.S. outbreak, when masks were scarcer, Surgeon General Jerome Adams told everyday Americans to stop buying masks for this very reason.

"A lot of public heath is how can we take the theory and the science and bring it down the the average person," Schaffner said. "Public health has to be practical. Otherwise it doesn't work."

But, hey, why not play the money beat in every song, even when it's in 9/8? It'll all work out eventually.

The initial question was should they even bother to be open.

I've been wondering the same thing about a lot of businesses. The sales are so minimal, it's hard to see how it's worth being open. I can't see the math behind the decision, unless the business is getting a big wage subsidy to keep people employed.

I've been wondering the same thing about a lot of businesses. The sales are so minimal, it's hard to see how it's worth being open. I can't see the math behind the decision, unless the business is getting a big wage subsidy to keep people employed.

They might be. It could be part of the stimulus package. I really dont know. What I dont get, is if only people with masks can go in, but no one is allowed to shop, how does that work? Maybe I wanna blow my stimulus there. Maybe I wanna buy my wife a guitar and she needs to pick it out. Or even just rolling my sticks. If I can go in because I have a mask, shouldn't I be able to shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back