GAS & acquisitions

jimzo

GAS & acquisitions

-In the same length of time as my experience, that is visible by my join date, I am nearing the end of my gatherings, that has taken 3.2 years. Utilizing the same hardware & cymbals for both, this endeavor has left me with two respectable and fulfilling kits.
Although monetarily not quite over, I will need all new heads for one of the kits, and a set of locking tension rods for the snare. That, along with lessons will be the next investment... Practicing will be my focus from this point forward. Hanging out in the Drum Technique topics as well.
Taking time out to say thanks for all the knowledgeable people with their help for getting me to this milestone.
I hope that some of you members will actually reach this point. Because, this accomplishment feels real good.
Thank You, drummerworld. I am soo elated !

Morrisman

Platinum Member
Hmm... I've reached that point before, then bought many more 'bargains' since.

But you're right - it's better to conentrate on practice and improving technique than buying more gear. But it is fun.

AzHeat

Platinum Member
Having responsive and great sounding gear improves practice. When drums do what they are supposed to, crappy technique screams louder. The only thing great gear doesn’t improve is time and groove.

Last edited:

jimzo

I will try to post more images of both kits later. Here is the current setup less the KickPort and the clear Black Dot and Ambassador drum heads. This kit is for gigging; setup slightly different with less cymbals.