Gary Husband Here!

Hi Gary,
We spoke briefly after one of your gigs several years ago.. you were touring with John Mclaughlin - Mahavishnu Orchestra. That was a killer show!
I must confess, I was more familiar with your stellar Level 42 work on the drums.. and had no idea you were a virtuoso on the keys.. and then at one point in the show (after going toe-to-toe with John Mclaughlin on keys), you pulled out this tiny little pocket kit and just played the beejeezuus out of it while jamming with the other drummer (whose name escapes me). But yeah - the title above 'One of the most dynamic and musical drummers of our time' is bang on!
Cheers!

Last edited:
Dear all at Drummerworld!

First new Gary Husband Drum Videocast of 2020!!

All things the Allan Holdsworth track “Leave Em On”!

* Download the drumless mix, get the chart & play it with Allan, Jimmy Johnson and Jan Hammer!

* The original unaired until now original guitar solo of Allan’s on the recorded track “Leave Em On” featured as a bonus!

* Bonus live footage of the Allan Holdsworth Group in Japan!

You can get it here! https://garyhusband.com/item/track-analysis-leave-em-on

For those interested in Gary, I'm sure that you'll want to check out the new album SPHERE released today.

Here are a few links:

Documentary on the making of SPHERE

Still Invictus (drum solo)

here

No-Brainer

Right on Time (drum solo)

You can get the album on CD, download & stream. There is also a limited edition with 3 bonus tracks available at the following link:
www.antoinefafard.com/sphere.html
thanks for sharing!

Dear Drummerworld community

The New Videocast Is Here! A Playing Approach To Contemporary Jazz. It’s here, with a difference! Introducing the new Pearl maple/gum kit!

Announcement * We are delighted to be launching today Gary's latest drum videocast - a fabulous addition to his widely acclaimed Playing Approach Series - this time exploring differing playing approaches to contemporary jazz.

Packed full of far-reaching concepts from the creative processes involved in improvisation, and inventive ideas for keeping your fellow musicians inspired - and on their toes - through to practical applications at the kit, this videocast is unmissable if you're keen to further your development in this exciting realm of music.

Gary presents three jazz compositions through the course of the videocast, demonstrating a number of very different, alternative approaches to each and, as always, these tracks form part of the videocast package and can be downloaded as drum-less playalongs with or without click together with guide charts for you to try out for yourself.

Throughout this exceptional 70-minute long videocast, Gary shares invaluable insights and inspiring, creative ideas, derived in no small part from his wealth of experience working alongside some of the most celebrated musicians in the world of contemporary jazz.

All for the price of a coffee and a cake!

Very best wishes and thanks as always

Gary Husband Online

Hi everyone at Drummerworld Forum

We recently had a lot of fun making a new Videocast centring in on the approach to drum contributions to the music of Allan Holdsworth. It was extremely moving going back to that time for me. If you’d like to see the trailer for it, here it is ...

If you see it I really hope you enjoy it.

Stay safe and well everyone.

GH

Hi everyone at Drummerworld Forum

We recently had a lot of fun making a new Videocast centring in on the approach to drum contributions to the music of Allan Holdsworth. It was extremely moving going back to that time for me. If you’d like to see the trailer for it, here it is ...

If you see it I really hope you enjoy it.

Stay safe and well everyone.

GH
Thanks for posting @Gary Husband! Can I just say that your kit looks and sounds incredible! (y) ?

Hey guys great to be here! Just want to start off by saying I love metal and rock. My tenure with drums has brought me to idolize the legendary talents of lars Ulrich and Buddy Rich. So, Gary whats your opinion on drumming with no shoes vs shoes?

Back