Garbage Percussion

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Fundamentally they are made of wood, hide, paint, glue and tacks, that is inexpensive some people might even consider them waste products, whatever value is added by craftsmanship is the cool part.
And,just how do you know that?They could be made from some rare,expensive old growth wood species.You're simply making BS up,as you go along,and offer nothing to prove your statements,are demonsterably correct.

Do we just have to take your word,or is there a shed of evidence to prove these are just cheap drums with a cool paint job.

Speaking of cheap materials,commanding high dollar figurers,how about a painting by Picasso.Some are valued in the millions,yet their initial material cost was maybe just a few dollars....are they waste products also?

Post Hoc,Ergo Propter Hoc...look it up.

And if my grandmother had wheels,she'd be a wagon.

Steve B

Last edited:

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
I've had a decent career the last 3 1/2 years as a member of Street Drum Corps.
My "kit" for this gig consists of a 55 gallon plastic barrel, a 55 gallon oil drum, tire rims, paint buckets, a fire bell, pots & pans, electric sanders, aluminum garbage cans, grinders, kegs and so on....

This gig helps keep me employed as a full time musician and accounts for 25-50% of my work.

As a result I've been seen performing on national television (FOX, Cartoon Network, Showtime), featured in DRUM! and Modern Drummer, was a runner up in the 2011 & 2013 DRUM! Magazine readers poll and WON in 2012.

SUPER !

I love it !

Living Dead Drummer

Platinum Member
SUPER !

I love it !

Oh, and performed in front of 300,000 people two years in a row at festivals in Vegas, not to mention the other hundreds to thousands that have seen a gig over the last few years...

You would be surprised and how this kind of work trains your musical ear. I know every inch of a keg, how every surface and angle will sound when struck and thus can place it into an appropriate musical setting for a song.

Point is I'm okay with playing a trash can, and I dare ANY of you to audition for a group like Stomp or Blue Man and tell me it's not some of the most intense musical work you will ever endure....

Brian

Gold Member
Pretty solid troll thread...B-, only because it took about a minute to dissect the disingenuous aspect rather than the standard ten seconds.

SmoothOperator

Gold Member
And,just how do you know that?They could be made from some rare,expensive old growth wood species.You're simply making BS up,as you go along,and offer nothing to prove your statements,are demonsterably correct.

Do we just have to take your word,or is there a shed of evidence to prove these are just cheap drums with a cool paint job.

Speaking of cheap materials,commanding high dollar figurers,how about a painting by Picasso.Some are valued in the millions,yet their initial material cost was maybe just a few dollars....are they waste products also?

Post Hoc,Ergo Propter Hoc...look it up.

And if my grandmother had wheels,she'd be a wagon.

Steve B
I just assumed they were the same ones on the Chinese shopping sites, which are inexpensive, maybe with a little paint, but seriously how does the paint change the sound. If you think decals are cool, Hollywood will sell you some.

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
I just assumed they were the same ones on the Chinese shopping sites, which are inexpensive, maybe with a little paint, but seriously how does the paint change the sound. If you think decals are cool, Hollywood will sell you some.
It doesn't - but craftsmanship does.

Sigh. There's just no recourse, is there?