Funky Bad Ass Solo and early beatboxing

For some reason i think i will always prefer parts 1&2 from Lee Dorsey/Allen Toussaint with this song..

But, that being said, what an amazing version this is..

I never saw this one before, many thanks for sharing this..!

One of the best threads of the year untill now..

WOW. I love this! Great live on-stage performance by the drummer.

I assume most of you forum members hate this performance. Because every time the subject of drum solos come up,
most of you forum members express how you do not like drum solos.

WOW. I love this! Great live on-stage performance by the drummer.

I assume most of you forum members hate this performance. Because every time the subject of drum solos come up,
most of you forum members express how you do not like drum solos.

Yeah but this is the good kind of solo where he kept it simple and played funky beats that are easy to latch on to, kept it audience friendly. Plus having dancing ladies enjoying the funk dont hurt. Shades of Purdy Rock Steady type of deal.

And didn’t even know there was beatboxing back then.

Good video! Just semantics here, but I would call that more "scat" than "beatbox" . . . and scatting has been around since at least the early 1900s. Probably a fine line between what scat singing had evolved to be, and what early beatboxing was, though I'm just a listener and not a music history expert or anything.

SPeaking of scattin, Im back full circle to Oscar Peterson 'mumbles', wraps up my day nicely around here today! Nice bookends. Good day sirs

Some buddy miles style voice noise solo!

Speaking of scatting, Im back full circle to Oscar Peterson 'mumbles' in the Ed Thigpen thread, wraps up my day nicely around here today! Nice bookends. Good day sirs

Back