Freewill - For Neil - Full Band/Drum Cam

no better tribute than that!!!!!

Wow! Killer band all around. Great job!

Oh man, that is great! Terrific job. One of my first bands covered that tune once at a gig.
Once.
we never had the guts to do it again. I mean an audience staring at you with baffled looks on their faces as if to say "What did you DO to that song, you bunch of philistines?" will do that to you. Not one of them clapped.
This will not happen to you.

Great job by you and the band. Drum sound is great. What's that ride cymbal (LOVE that sound)?
Now that cymbal is a special one.

Get ready:

It's a 1970s A Zildjian 22" Ping Ride, Made in Canada.

Essentially the same cymbal that Neil played on all of those records. And it's the only cymbal I've ever played that gets even remotely close to that sound.

OH! And you have to play it butt ends out. Like Neil did back in the day. End of the stick on the near side of the bell, not the shank on the side.

Last edited:
Now that cymbal is a special one.

Get ready:

It's a 1970s A Zildjian Ping Ride, Made in Canada.

Essentially the same cymbal that Neil played on all of those records. And it's the only cymbal I've ever played that gets even remotely close to that sound.
22" ?

Amazing job, a very faithful rendition and excellent performance from all. Kudos!

Really well done! That bridge, IMO, is Rush's finest moment. All three members in high gear for nearly a full minute.

100% agreed. It has to be my favorite moment of their entire catalog. Everyone firing on all cylinders, full throttle. And of course, we get to go absolutely nuts about it too.

and not really getting in each others way, which to me, is what is so great about it!!!!

Back