Found Some Gold

Hummada

Do y'all have Spotify?

I have the free version and I'm about to change that. If you search " drumless practice tracks" you will see a huge list of music without drums. It's free to shuffle this list but I think $10 a month is worth the price just to be able to make a playlist of what you want to learn. Then cancel when you want. I'm sure if you start searching with different word combinations it would bring more to the table.

Thought I would share this and maybe some of y'all have other options that are similar.

Does any one have any other apps our websites that have drumless tracks?

Maybe we could do a record your own parts over the drumless music thread for fun.

JustJames

Platinum Member
Karaoke Version lets you mess with the mix (of competent covers of songs). It costs around $3 to buy a song, but once you've bought it you can change the mix as often as you want.

Useful to bring the drums forward when you're learning a song, and then get rid of them when you think you've nailed it.

Hummada

That's a good idea. I'm​ guessing this is some software for DJs. Unfortunately I know a lot of DJs! Ha ha... I'll ask them about it when I yell at them next time.

SquadLeader

Gold Member
Do y'all have Spotify?

I have the free version and I'm about to change that. If you search " drumless practice tracks" you will see a huge list of music without drums. It's free to shuffle this list but I think $10 a month is worth the price just to be able to make a playlist of what you want to learn. Then cancel when you want. I'm sure if you start searching with different word combinations it would bring more to the table.

Thought I would share this and maybe some of y'all have other options that are similar.

Does any one have any other apps our websites that have drumless tracks?

Maybe we could do a record your own parts over the drumless music thread for fun.
Spotify is worth $10 per month of anyone's money.

It's an immense programme. I have the full package. I must get thousands of pounds worth of value every year out of it. I don't understand even why they sell it so cheaply if I'm honest.

Thanks for the heads up on the drumless tracks....I wasn't aware. More grist to my personal Spotify mill here. Cheers.

J

JohnoWorld

Spotify is worth $10 per month of anyone's money.

It's an immense programme. I have the full package. I must get thousands of pounds worth of value every year out of it. I don't understand even why they sell it so cheaply if I'm honest.

Thanks for the heads up on the drumless tracks....I wasn't aware. More grist to my personal Spotify mill here. Cheers.
They sell it so cheaply as they don't pay the artists as much as they should.

Essentially your'e just paying for a radio, doesn't sound like a bargain to me.

SquadLeader

Gold Member
How so?

What radio station will play an album I enjoy right through...then keep playing it on loop whilst I drum to it ??

In terms of royalties. I don't know whether the setup is fair or not. It's legal and I pay the legitimate amount for it.

double_G

Silver Member
Hummada -- thank you man !! this is great. the Erskine stuff is bananas good / soothing. Wow, looks like hundreds of tunes / some grayed out tho even tho i have a Premium account.

Hummada

They sell it so cheaply as they don't pay the artists as much as they should.

It's way beyond a radio. It's one of the best high quality audio streaming apps. There's a quality level control button thingy. You can save albums, make your own play list, and a bunch of other stuff I've never looked at. Practice straight from your phone. Way beyond Pandora!

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
I think last I looked they were requiring login via facebook, which is a huge deal breaker for me.

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
You can sign up with other accounts. FB is just another option.
Oh, that's good. It was a good while ago when I last looked. I use google play to stream music though, and that even lets me run youtube stuff in the background or when the phone is locked, so I like the service.