FORUM: Change

Thanks for the heads up.

I casted my vote, but I'm fine either way - I'll take the new version of this forum over the old one any day.

But Bernhard, ain't you voting a bit of a... what do they call it... conflict of interest? Like a parent backing one kid in the corner over the other? At least let us duke this out ourselves.

So the guy who owns the place, runs the place and puts in all the time and effort of maintaining it, shouldn't have a say?

So the guy who owns the place, runs the place and puts in all the time and effort of maintaining it, shouldn't have a say?

I trust your reply was as cheeky as my post, no?

Bernhard ..... thank you. Sometimes change is hard, but this is easy .... good job.

Yeah, it's been a pretty smooth change; everything just seems to work... better.

I trust your reply was as cheeky as my post, no?

It certainly wasn't intended with any rudeness or malice. But I do stand by what I said.

It may be an open forum, but this site is still owned and maintained by one man. In the real world, rather than the expectation that he remove himself so that the rest of us can decide, that fact should entitle him to have the loudest voice of all. It shows a lot about him that he's happy to let a majority vote rule the process at all. I think asking him to refrain from a vote on his own website is a bridge too far and I said so. Nothing more to it than that. :)

Working great on Android tablet and phone here, . Looks swell.Thanks for the effort.

Bernhard,

It appears that DM's to me are now public under profile posts.

Fortunately, I have deleted all of them.

Bernhard.

I receive a websense alert that the SSL certificate expires in ~48h.

Monday, July 1, 2019 at 10:56:00 AM Eastern

I'd like to see eveyone's location again if possible (if they choose to reveal it of course).
Saves a bit of guesswork when people ask about prices, availability, delivery, etc. while giving context to certain posts.

I'd like to see eveyone's location again if possible (if they choose to reveal it of course).
Saves a bit of guesswork when people ask about prices, availability, delivery, etc. while giving context to certain posts.

Just hover your cursor over their name in the sidebar and a pop-up window will show that along with join date, number of posts, etc.

Back