FORUM: Change

Hmmm...I don't like it..............I LOVE IT!!!

Thanks Bernhard for yet another significant contribution to the drumming community.

At the moment NO - because we have threads with 1000 answers and No. 1 post is back in 2005.....but we check for a solution
Bernhard

Oh, sorry! I definitely don't want to open DW and see the same post from 2005 every time!

What I meant to say is whenever I open a new thread, it begins with the latest replies as opposed to the original post. :) If there was an option to read the original author first, then we could see the order/progression of the conversation by scrolling down as opposed to scrolling up on a thread. For example, right this second THIS post is at the top of page 1 instead at the bottom of page 3. Hope this makes sense! Thanks for all of your hard work.

The forum looks way better than before, also mobile..!

A very positive thing in my opinion at the moment is, that the postcount is gone, which gives a much more 'neutral' feel..

But maybe thats just for now and will come back again..

Btw, am i the only one for who the 'forum-links' at the top of each page are re-directing to a wrong url..?

Nevertheless, very nice work..!

My compliments..!

..What and where do you mean exactly? thanks..

Basically all the sub-buttons that are under 'Forums'..

For example, when being in this thread, the 'Forum'-button in front of the 'General Discussion' button, has this url..:

But when i click that link, the url i am sended to, is this one..:

Which gives a 404 Not Found message..

Hope this makes sense..

Looks great, really slick/fast on both my phone and tablet.

Well done all

Problem seems to be gone btw..

Maybe there was something with my browser or cookie settings..

Everything works fine now..!

Bernhard, thank you and the administrators for all that was done to installing this update.

I googled "Xenforo reverse post order" and it looks like something that needs to be changed on the admin. end of things. If this was an option, I think I'd like it. Like, a lot. :)

Ditto. It's counterintuitive to have to go backwards through a thread to follow its progression.

Looks good otherwise. Thanks for the great effort!

Ditto. It's counterintuitive to have to go backwards through a thread to follow its progression.

Looks good otherwise. Thanks for the great effort!

Posts should be read in the order they were made - oldest first, then progressing to the newest. Like a story.

If I want to read a thread that way now, I have to go to the end of the thread and work my way backwards.

The way it is now is like walking into a room in the middle of a conversation with no clue of what was said.
I see Bernhard has started a poll for it though, so put your vote in. I voted, but can learn to live with
however the vote ends up.

Last edited:
Bernhard ..... thank you. Sometimes change is hard, but this is easy .... good job.

Reply is the quote option

Seems like it also functions as the multi-quote option, as well.

Digging the new look, and reading and posting seems easier and smoother, too.

But only sorting posts from newest to oldest is frustrating - and counterintuitive in my opinion.

Back