- Running a commercial recording studio producing local bands ---(10 yrs.)---> Running a software company solving problems for the big brands
- Developing software for fun (and for running my studio) in my spare time ---(10 yrs.)---> Recording stuff that makes me happy in my spare time
- Playing festivals over summer time, multiple gigs a week ---(10 yrs.)---> Playing no gigs at all
- Playing like a Delmag Dieselbär ---(10 yrs.)---> developed my left hand over last two years 1h/d on a practice pad, improving my chops big time, playing much more relaxed and a tiny bit more playful (still prefer a steady, band-oriented, supportive beat)
- TAMA Superstar 12/16/20 ---(10 yrs.)---> DW Collectors 12/13/16/18/24
- Using cheapest mics in a dead studio, doing everything with plug-ins ---(10 yrs.)---> Using decent mics in a well balanced room, using plug-ins homeopathically
- Smoking 25 cigarettes and 5 joints and having 3l of coffee a day, weighting close to 70kg, looking like a bird scarer ---(10 yrs.)---> no tobacco at all, one cup of coffee in the morning, developed average amount of muscles and an overall normal body
- Existing in a loud, stinky and overwhelming city, watching skinny girls walk by ---(10 yrs.)---> Living on the quiet and calm countryside, watching birds, hedgehogs, raccoons and bees
- Being a single for ~20 yrs. ---(10 yrs.)---> found the love of my life, getting married next year
Good stuff...glad to hear things are better.after having the absolutely worst year in my life regarding literally all aspects (2012), the following one laid the foundation to what I'm experiencing now and really has been an absolute game-changer and a total relief.
I hear ya!I now have a young family, and simply don't want to play crappy gigs for crappy money, and I don't want to tour and be away from my family.
My guess would be that applies to lots of the higher paying crafts...music, sports, acting, ..whatever.my guess is that but for a small percentage of professional musicians life isn't what "we" imagine it to be.