For Art...(Agrippa)

Mongrel

Silver Member
Checked out your YouTube channel and saw you had a version of this. I have a version too...lol. Some goofs, but we both know these aren't final exams, just having some fun sharing with "friends". The groove on this tune is so good. I can never get enough of it.

I Can't Go for That by Hall and Oates (good ole Philly boys...):

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Just saw this Mongrel-awesome man!! Yep I was grooving on some Nate Smith on my laptop and Daryl's house came up with the version I was playing along to so it was recorded too. It's an awesome song to groove to-I can't get enough of it either. You probably saw the Water Color Sirius play along I was mentioning in the other thread-with the "loose" ride hand. Yikes experiment gone awry. Thanks for visiting my YT site-I don't get many visitors-I always feel I should pay my subscribers but I'm pretty sure many are family members. But going from oldest to present I can see some progress in my playing-tooting my own horn. Modest but improvements-it's sort of one step forward in some aspects but that focus caused a set back in other areas dammit-but I'm fixing that now. it's a roller coaster ride. Oh I almost forgot-enjoyed your video!! I love to watch people drum-I wish all forum members would post-it ain't a race and it's all good-we are all on same journey just different places on path so pros to beginners should post.

Mongrel

Silver Member
Just looked over a few more of your videos, including the Water Color play along. I don't see an issue as long as you can get the strokes where you want them-when you want them! You have some great hi hat work man.

But I got to be honest...if I held the stick that far back I'd be flinging them all over the place!

Thanks for checking in.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Just looked over a few more of your videos, including the Water Color play along. I don't see an issue as long as you can get the strokes where you want them-when you want them! You have some great hi hat work man.

But I got to be honest...if I held the stick that far back I'd be flinging them all over the place!

Thanks for checking in.
Yep it starts higher and slides down I’ve tried those rubber coated sticks but hate them. Sooner or later a stick is going to give me a frontal lobotomy or poke out an eye. One reason the death grip has evolved now. I actually use fingers but it’s my index and next finger then sometimes next but rarely pinky- it will hang sometimes.