For all you Evans Power Center Reverse Dot lovers...

FreDrummer

Silver Member
I know a lot of drummers like this head for their snares. As part of their Fourth of July Blowout deals, MF is selling the 14" Evans Power Center Reverse Dot Coated heads for $5.00 each (through July 7):

Evans Power Center Reverse Dot 14" Coated Head

I ordered a handful just to stock up....

Edit: BTW, they're presently on backorder until sometime in July, but you can order now and they'll honor the price.

A great price on a great head! That's a loss-leader that only a big retailer can offer!

I'd stock up, but I prefer the Super Tough. :)

Bermuda

I placed an order, as of an hour ago there were only 29 left.

They're not a discontinued item, sales doesn't know why they're priced so low (told em not to think about too much, just carry on), they did tho confirm they'll order more, but they won't be offered at that price.

They were out of stock but still placed the other. Says shipping will be 7/14 though... bought a 13 and 14... for 10 bucks free shipping, I can wait half month for them. I have a lot of life left on my current heads

I just ordered four if they honor the price when they come back on stock.

I'm using G2 Frosty's on the toms but I really think I like the G2 clear better. Am I hearing things?

Yep the four I had in my cart are gone.

If you paid for them, when their order of 300 come in (7/14) you should yours.

They do 'oversell' sometimes. You know what to do if that happens.

Sales person sees 50 in stock on their screen, but a few chairs down another sales person could have just sold 50 and the stats aren't updated. This goes counter to what i've been told, that they have instant updates and can't over sell, but i don't know who to believe cuz I've been jacked out of stuff cuz their screen said one thing and the reality was they were out of stock already.

So ppl its a good idea to get verbal confirmation after your card clears that you've got/are getting what you just paid for. Always get the salespersons name and #.

Last edited:
Yup, looks like the deal is over. After all, it was an Independence Day Doorbuster item, with "Limited Quantities." And, like me, at that price, nobody could order "just one!"

Gruntersdad: did you never complete your checkout? My cart shows 0 items, but when I go to "orders," it still shows the heads on backorder.

Well, I just got an email that they are back ordered and should ship when stock comes in. That's okay, I wasn't in a hurry. ;)

Still has 14" at 5 bucks. I'll try to order one. (Edit: I ordered two and received confirmation emails. I'll check up later and make sure but it should be good)

Last edited:
I saw the $5 price on the PCRD briefly, yesterday, but it went back up to $14.99 when it got in my cart. Bummer.

However, they are now offering 14" Coated G1s for $5 each. I ordered 6 of them last night and they shipped this morning.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com//drums-percussion/evans-g1-coated-batter-drumhead/

Also, they're doing the 22" EMAD Heavyweight with a bonus 14" Heavyweight Snare for free, for $39.99. It's backordered until 7/7, but that's a great deal as well. Especially if you're as curious about both of those heads as I am. It's a far less costly experiment than usual!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com//drums-percussion/evans-emad-heavyweight-clear-batter-bass-drumhead

Last edited:
Back