Fool in the Rain

bud7h4

Silver Member
No...not the song. :devilish:
. . . . .

I can't read the thread title without hearing at least one bar in my head.

For those who've been rained on, when you dry the drums off do you remove the hoops? I think I would have to or I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Last edited:

Stroman

Platinum Member
I've played in the rain. I've even played in the snow, and had my drums snowed on in the bed of a pickup.

I loved playing in the rain in marching band. The silver dot heads we used looked totally cool with the beads of water exploding off of them.

In each case, I dried them off when I got home, and they were fine. I won't say I wasn't concerned, but it turned out okay. They're pretty durable instruments.

I was always more worried about electronics...

toddmc

Gold Member
I was always more worried about electronics...
I was thinking the same thing.
General consensus seems to be acoustic drums will be OK but the best you could do with electronics is to cover up with (see-through) plastic sheeting I guess?

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
In each case, I dried them off when I got home, and they were fine. I won't say I wasn't concerned, but it turned out okay. They're pretty durable instruments.
Agreed.
I've known people take their whole kit apart and dry everything so no rust or shell warpage happen. I see that, but I don't feel it's really necessary.