floor mat for drum kit

rocker261

I will be placing my drum kit in a spare room that currently has a plywood floor, with an underpad and carpet. I need to find some sort of hard rubber floor to place over the top of it to set my kit on. Something that is durable and can take the kick drum foot spikes that will set on it. Needs to be 8' x 8' square. Any ideas of what might work?

I will be placing my drum kit in a spare room that currently has a plywood floor, with an underpad and carpet. I need to find some sort of hard rubber floor to place over the top of it to set my kit on. Something that is durable and can take the kick drum foot spikes that will set on it. Needs to be 8' x 8' square. Any ideas of what might work?

Why does it need to be hard rubber? I just use my regular drum rug, which is a square of indoor/outdoor carpet from Home Depot. Unless the pile on your carpet is inches thick, you won't have any stability issues.

Drop-in at a few carpet/flooring outlets and see what they have in the way of old remnants. My bet is you'll be able to land something for cheap, possibly along the lines of a chunk of durable Berber (or the likes of).

Perhaps 1'x1' or 2'x2' interlocking floor mats, or tiles. Hard rubber to hard plastic. Many options with various price ranges to fit a persons budget.

I'm not following. There are many drum mats on the market. If you thought they weren't thick enough, you could add some rubber underneath the spikes.

Back