Flam taps and Moeller 2's.

DanBed27

Hey guys!

Here's a fun exercise where I go from flam taps to Moeller 2's (groups of two accented notes where I use the Moeller motion). The first flam tap bar is played with a right hand lead, the second one with a left hand lead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiyW_juJEmA

I hope you'll enjoy!!

:)

Attachments

• Flam taps and Moeller 2's.pdf
    17.8 KB · Views: 44
Are those Dom Famularo pad sticks? I just got a pair of those a few weeks ago, they’re nice. I used to be good with flam taps, I’ll have to practice them more soon. They’re a good way to practice triples

Yes, those are the Dom's pad stick. I like to use them for my pad practice. And yes, flam taps are a real good way to develop strong triple strokes.

Are those Dom Famularo pad sticks? I just got a pair of those a few weeks ago, they’re nice. I used to be good with flam taps, I’ll have to practice them more soon. They’re a good way to practice triples

That's really good. Too bad you don't break it down a bit for those of us who aren't as advanced as you. Like do it slow and comment? Then speed it up. But again really good job there. Thanks for sharing.

Oh. I just went back to video to watch again and saw the link to the notation. Thats helpful for sure. Still not sure how you're getting all them 16ths with one hand that fast. Practice my guess?

Hey!

Thanks for the comment. I should have done a slow version too. I'll try to do something soon.

For that motion, I was inspired by Jojo Mayer in this clip here where he says "then, you just lose one beat":

(around 0:42)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Zfdank3rI

Oh. I just went back to video to watch again and saw the link to the notation. Thats helpful for sure. Still not sure how you're getting all them 16ths with one hand that fast. Practice my guess?

Oooh, I like this. Simple, but a very effective workout. Wish I has some sticks right now to try this out.

Thanks for sharing, I really do enjoy your contributions.

Back