Fitting the shoes of Nick Mason

veecharlie

That's it. I have made it to the next step. Bigger stage, bigger audience and professionals.

I'm kind of proud of this... but, man this is such a humbling experience.
I have been working on this project for over a year to plan it out, and have officially started a few months ago. We rehearse really few as it's intended to be a special project and I was honestly honored to be sharing the stage with one of the best Pink Floyd tributes in The Netherlands. The idea is to reunite Pink Floyd tribute artists once a year for limited live events. This year I'm drumming the 73' setlist of Nick!

This is probably the scariest project I have ever started, organizing, managing, booking, wow. I have huge respect for people that does this full time. Now still looking for two final dates and starting to advertise this. Any tips appreciated on that! I really don't like this part of booking. lol.
I still struggle, I still fight myself to go and practice. The burnout I have had two years ago ended up destroying a lot of my good habits and became very shy/anxious. I sometimes feel to give up, but the truth is I'm too scared to give up.
I can't call it a win yet, but man this is fun and so much work...!!
Anyways, I thought to document the entire project. I'd love to hear if you guys want to see anything specific, I want to share the experience and the knowledge I gain, not keep it to myself.

If you are booking; have EVERYTHING in writing. Present all your expectations to venue owner up front. Arrive early. Make sure band behaves. Play your asses off. Get paid. Move forward. Congrats on the new gig!

If you are booking; have EVERYTHING in writing. Present all your expectations to venue owner up front. Arrive early. Make sure band behaves. Play your asses off. Get paid. Move forward. Congrats on the new gig!
thank you!! Definitively agree! Unless it’s in an email I don’t take word for it as it’s not enforceable. I hate doing this lol.

Back