Fishnmusicn playalong to an old song

Fishnmusicn

It's tough getting a good sound out of electronic drums, so the simpler the song is it's sometimes better. I love playing along to these old songs - just lots of fun. Using the GoPro Hero Wide camera, it gives a big view - camera is only about 3 1/2 feet away. Hope you enjoy.

Fishnmusicn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4fiQ69fp0s

Fishnmusicn

I have submitted a Dispute form with YouTube based on fair use, etc. If the link works for you let me know, I'm able to see it from my computer but I think I'm the only one at this point. %#@##$%!!!!!!!

Fishnmusicn

Fishnmusicn

Hey, thanks a lot. You're playin is snazzy too =] It's a funny tune, but seems like it'd be fun to play to :p
Yeah, those sixties songs are a lot of fun and don't have complicated time signatures but they are great to groove along to, thanks for the comment.

Fishnmusicn

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Great timing and a nice relaxed easy feel. Very enjoyable. I took the bait!

Thaard

Platinum Member
Snazzy playing! How did you get that "Fair use" thingy to work? I would like to have my Highway Star cover on youtube..

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
Hey Fish, smooth work. Keys, drums ... not just a pretty face :)

What's with YouTube? Is there a suggestion that people won't buy an original or a playalong because of a low-fi drum cover played on an e-kit that's posted on the web?? All a drum cover like this does is provide exposure for the song and has the potential to stimulate sales.

Am I missing something or has the world gone completely mad? I've never known a time when so many people seem intent on cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Sorry for ranting on your thread, Fish. Just getting old and cranky, I guess :)

Fishnmusicn

Thanks for the comments. They are still reviewing my dispute at YouTube and in the meanwhile the name of the song and the option to buy appears at the beginning of the video most times I view it. I guess that way they can still show it.

There is a tutorial on there that someone put up that is very helpful that takes you through all the steps if you run into the same copyright issue when you put up a song. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lVVZsJNfDE

I was pleasantly surprised at how the drum sound came out since I don't have any software running with my E-kit. Get too complicated with it though, and it doesn't sound right. Since I like to play with the old fun songs right now, it suits me.

Maybe I'll find a band that plays that stuff down the road and I do plan on buying a full used acoustic kit again with cymbals and hardware. I will be working with some Igoe grooves however and will post that when I get it done. Will take a little more thought and concentration on those :)

Fishnmusicn

That was awesome, I really enjoyed that. Great tune, I love the oldies!
Thanks for the comment - you and I are in the same boat. I could jam to oldies all day long. Simple innocent beats with little hooks that just feel great to play. Glad you enjoyed.

Fishnmusicn