First time in 6 months!

Andy - what are the two crashes you are using here please? Amedia somethings??
Band sounds really good mate!(y)

Andy - what are the two crashes you are using here please? Amedia somethings??
Band sounds really good mate!(y)
Cheers! Good to blow some rust away after so long.

Two crashes are 16" Ahmet Legend and 15" Euphrates. Small & light, as was the rest of the cymbal setup. In retrospect, crashes were too small / light for the songs, but chosen just for ease / speed of stripped down setup. Hats & ride are Kommagene series. Thought I'd give these little used cymbals an outing. Nice cymbals - wrong setting.

Cheers! Good to blow some rust away after so long.

Two crashes are 16" Ahmet Legend and 15" Euphrates. Small & light, as was the rest of the cymbal setup. In retrospect, crashes were too small / light for the songs, but chosen just for ease / speed of stripped down setup. Hats & ride are Kommagene series. Thought I'd give these little used cymbals an outing. Nice cymbals - wrong setting.
Thanks mate - looking for new crashes - what are your 'normal' choice crashes? Never tried Amedia's - you obviously like them??

Thanks mate - looking for new crashes - what are your 'normal' choice crashes? Never tried Amedia's - you obviously like them??
I use a combination of 17" Galata, Euphrates, + 19" Classic crashes on my main gigging kit, but also use the Old School series quite a bit too. I've used Amedia for many years. They always deliver - never an issue - & much complimented

If you're interested, please drop me a PM. The owner of Amedia UK is a very good friend of mine (I used Amedia before we became friends). Really great pricing for the quality on offer, & first rate service too.

16.jpg

Very cool. What room are you playing in ?

I use a combination of 17" Galata, Euphrates, + 19" Classic crashes on my main gigging kit, but also use the Old School series quite a bit too. I've used Amedia for many years. They always deliver - never an issue - & much complimented

If you're interested, please drop me a PM. The owner of Amedia UK is a very good friend of mine (I used Amedia before we became friends). Really great pricing for the quality on offer, & first rate service too.

View attachment 95719
pm sent! (y)

91.3 Centigrade??? seems high
Silly high - hence the amusement :)

Very cool. What room are you playing in ?
It's our usual rehearsal room Harry. We're very lucky to have it. Good sound & plenty of space. Beautiful rural setting, & we can rehearse with the doors open too.

Only downside is it's a 50 minute drive for me.

Big plus, it has it's own bar with an honesty box :)

Cheers, Andy.

You guys sounded good. I was surprised when I got back together with some of my groups that within a practice or so we were basically back up to speed. Didn't really expect that but we were pleasantly all surprised.

Sounds like you guys fell into that comfortable space pretty quick too. It's good we can all start re-connecting a bit I hope.

Hold the Line!! Nice stuff.....

We started our band practices again, but with no gigs in site, they kinda just feel like jams and not prepping for the show! But glad to be just jamming if thats all I can get.

Cheers, Andy.

You guys sounded good. I was surprised when I got back together with some of my groups that within a practice or so we were basically back up to speed. Didn't really expect that but we were pleasantly all surprised.

Sounds like you guys fell into that comfortable space pretty quick too. It's good we can all start re-connecting a bit I hope.

The rust certainly showed with us, but it was fun, and we improved through the evening :)

I always make a point to show how silly those are......;)?
You're a very naughty boy!

Hold the Line!! Nice stuff.....

We started our band practices again, but with no gigs in site, they kinda just feel like jams and not prepping for the show! But glad to be just jamming if thats all I can get.
Yes, I get the futility feeling to an extent, but it's something you have to get past, otherwise you'll join the ranks of the many acts I suspect won't make it through to the other side of this.

One of the reasons we did some lockdown videos was to maintain relevance, and we'll be continuing with a few more as far as I'm aware.

Enjoyed that. Lovely rehearsal space. Ours stinks........ :ROFLMAO:
Thanks! Yes, we're very lucky to have a great rehearsal space, but it means more travelling for some of us. That said, wherever we rehearse, someone's got a 1 hour treck each way.

Why is only the drummer wearing a mask?
Fell out of the ugly tree?
Yup - I'm the butt ugly one, but us drummers can hide away at the back eh! ;)

Seriously, I'm the band member most likely not to do well if contracting the virus.

Back