First paying gig in 30+ years

drummer-russ

Gold Member
I have been on here for about a year. That was about the time I decided it was now or never to get back into playing. Played with some guys on an original project over the winter (that never went anywhere) and am still working on something permanent. But tonight I have a fill in gig. I feel like a first time drummer again but at least I do have experience to draw from, dated as it may be. Wish me luck fellow drummers!

good luck, its always nice to have a gig to be excited about.

Good luck and have fun!!..... Terry

I remember doing my first gig after a 5 year lay off,some butterflies for sure,Have a good show.

Last edited:
Well there were more butterflies at 4 in the afternoon than after I was set up and ready. For me personally It went well. Missed a few things but largely I felt like I played well. I remembered to stay strong and confident and it worked out well. So glad to get that first one out of the way and see for myself first hand I can still play! Thanks for the good wishes! Now to find something permanent, or as permanent as things get in this biz. I had a great time. It was also my sons birthday and he along with other family members (except for my wife who I married while still in a band years ago) had never seen me play so that was an added bonus!

Good job Russ!!...... What part of the country do you live in?....... Terry

I'm excited for you! Good luck and have fun!

I am in the US. St. Louis.

Thanks Mary. I figure you can relate!

Back