First jam done

JJKK

I have to say, writing original songs isn't easy :)

That said, I am much more relaxed when not practicing or playing cover songs, since I can play within my own abilities. The music doesn't sound bad either. We did some metalcore/hardcore -type stuff for half a song. Half a song in two hours ain't too bad...I suppose.

Playing with someone else is a great experience in and of itself. I recommend anyone who has the opportunity (know somebody) to arrange for jam sessions whenever you can do it. I played without a metronome for convenience, but I can tell my practice sessions have paid off in my internal clock and sense of time and flow. Got in the zone a couple of times when things were going well.

Feeling great.

Every jam session venue that I play has a different vibe to it. Some crowds are more metal, some are more folk or soft rock. I like the variety.

Every jam session venue that I play has a different vibe to it. Some crowds are more metal, some are more folk or soft rock. I like the variety.

Yep. And good jam leaders will read the room and try to cater. When we see tons of leather jackets with patches on em, you know it's time for some good ol' punk rock. Lots of denim and cowboy hats: skynrd or the few country songs we know. White dudes with buzz cuts: smash mouth.

You get the idea.

What's all this talk about venues and crowds and jam leaders? That ain't a jam it's a contrived show. A jam is dudes coming over to your basement bringing six packs and just laying' down the groove all night, calling out different tunes.

Back