First gig since March today.

Morrisman

Platinum Member
My last gig was March 22. I’ve had 21 cancellations since then, and today was the first show in 17 weeks. Same 11-piece band, setlist and venue as the last show in March.

Exactly 68 patrons were counted in to a normally 150 person venue, seated at tables in three distinct areas. No dancing - the dancefloor was roped off, and punters were told about the new rules at the start. We began with ‘Dancing in your seat’ as a reminder. The police popped in at one stage but were happy with the layout and the crowd behaviour, so they left again.

Anyway, it was great gig. People were singing and clapping and cheering, and we had a great time. Felt great to be playing again.

Ahh..that sounds nice, if not outright great. Conratulations!
We are still in basements. We won't be set free until..oh...sometime in the early-mid part of November.

Insanely jealous, we're only allowed to do outdoor gigs at the moment and with the weather in the UK that means all gigs are off!

On the plus side cricket season started yesterday and I'm a broken man this morning.

If I was a betting man I'd say we wont be gigging again here until next year. Trying to determing what is cold/flu/that dreaded thing in the winter is probably going to put us back in lockdown.

Insanely jealous, we're only allowed to do outdoor gigs at the moment and with the weather in the UK that means all gigs are off!

And to add to our woes I might be misinterpreting the guidelines but I read last week

"Land or buildings where the primary use is not the performance of live music (e.g. a restaurant or public house) should not be considered a live music performance venue".

So when positive live music guidance comes out it will not include the places where many of us in the UK perform our gigs ☹

And to add to our woes I might be misinterpreting the guidelines but I read last week

"Land or buildings where the primary use is not the performance of live music (e.g. a restaurant or public house) should not be considered a live music performance venue".

So when positive live music guidance comes out it will not include the places where many of us in the UK perform our gigs ☹

That sounds about right.

My gig diary is a complete write off, some weddings have rescheduled for October but I don't see anything changing in two and a bit months. Can't imagine anything worse than having to drum and sing in a mask. That's if I can remember what to do the next time I get behind a kit!

That sounds about right.

My gig diary is a complete write off, some weddings have rescheduled for October but I don't see anything changing in two and a bit months. Can't imagine anything worse than having to drum and sing in a mask. That's if I can remember what to do the next time I get behind a kit!

We've pretty much accepted that we won't be gigging before next year and I dread to think of the state I'll be in after not having had the physicality of hitting a kit properly for 9 months or more.

Congrats! It's been March 10 for me, and things go back & forth here in L.A., currently pretty shut-down. My next gig might be August 15, but I'm not holding my breath.

Bermuda

I miss it a lot. You're a lucky guy.
My last cruise gig ended Jan. 28 (thank god; I might still be stuck on board if it was later).
My plan is not to go back this year; I don't think it's an option anyways. So all I've done is a few remote recording sessions. It helps scratch the itch but that's about it. Not the same.

Fantastic! Our traditional market here in your city ( Adelaide , Australia ) is Returned Service Clubs, small pubs , but have almost given up on getting work this year. Restricted numbers in those venues mean they can't afford to pay the usual fee. We have talked about reducing our normal fee, just to play and help out those venues. Well done - must have been really enjoyable.

Fantastic! Our traditional market here in your city ( Adelaide , Australia ) is Returned Service Clubs, small pubs , but have almost given up on getting work this year. Restricted numbers in those venues mean they can't afford to pay the usual fee. We have talked about reducing our normal fee, just to play and help out those venues. Well done - must have been really enjoyable.
Yeah, dancing is the biggest restriction here, so all my 50’s gigs are still cancelled for the rest of the year.
And money - this venue can’t pay properly with 1/3 crowd restrictions. We agreed to play for tips on Sunday, just so we could perform. Told the crowd a couple of times and they were really generous. There was even a $100 note in there, so we ended up doing well financially too.

Don’t know when the next gig will be though....

Back