First double bass pedal

Hey guys! Last summer i bought the cheapest double bass pedal i've found. It was only 110$. Now i need to upgrade to a better one although i have still not learned how to play it with my drum teacher. I need a descent one because i play in a band which is going to play some gigs this summer and also record an album the next year. Can you give some tips on what pedal should i buy for not much money?

harryconway

Platinum Member
The "tip" would be try to get your feet on as many pedals as you can. That's the only real way to know weather you're gonna like a pedal or not.

It that's not an option, then go with a name brand/good reputation pedal. Tama Iron Cobra or Speed Cobra (longboard). Pearl Eliminator or Demonator (longboard) ..... also look at Yamaha and DW.

My current double is the Pearl P932. I wanted to try out a longboard pedal, and I found a barely used P932 for $132.

MntnMan62

I bought a DW 7000 several years ago. Still learning. I like the pedal. Solid and smooth. But I was told it's equivalent to their current 3000. I've seen a 5000 and suggest trying to find one of them.

J-W

Not to sound condescending, but why the need to upgrade if you still haven't learned to play the one you have? Is there something broken on it?
Most people only feel the desire to upgrade once they feel that the pedal is what's holding them back (which usually isn't the case). That, or they simply want to experiment with something different. Both of which come after a bit of experience playing double pedals.

Al Strange

I learned to play on awful pedals by today’s standards, but it taught me to play on anything...heck, I can play in bare feet on the floor...Gibraltar do good value solid pedals. I recorded 3 studio albums, including my last studio album back in 2011 on a Gibraltar Prowler double pedal! (y) :D

NackAttack

Can you give some tips on what pedal should i buy for not much money?
If there’s nothing wrong with your current pedals, I wouldn’t waste time buying another entry-level set. It’s not clear why you want to upgrade. No one will see your pedals at a gig and unless there’s a god awful squeak or something, they won’t affect the sound on a recording. That being said, my first ”upgrade” after using old double pedals for about 4 years was a set of Iron Cobras. I used them for over 15 years with no issues. I suggest saving up and making your next upgrade one that will last. A price range will get you some good suggestions.

Benthedrummer

Hey guys! Last summer i bought the cheapest double bass pedal i've found. It was only 110$. Now i need to upgrade to a better one although i have still not learned how to play it with my drum teacher. I need a descent one because i play in a band which is going to play some gigs this summer and also record an album the next year. Can you give some tips on what pedal should i buy for not much money?

You've expressed a desire to upgrade your existing pedal.

Your reasons are your own and that's good enough for me.

If that is true......then I reckon you have thought about it and that's what you want to do, so let's work with that.

From my personal experience, the DW 3000 double pedal is just wonderful.

Affordable, solid, smooth, durable and has been my best little friend since I started with double pedals.

It's a great way to start off. It gets the job done with plenty of performance to spare.

I've never felt the desire to upgrade and will continue to be my primary pedal for many, many years to come.

Well, i think i am choosing between 2 pedals: the DW 3002 and the Iron Cobra 600. Which one do you think is better and what are the differences between them?

Treverer

Don't buy into the mid tier levels if you already own a functioning pedal. Stick with yours and safe up so you don't have to buy another one for a long time.

CommanderRoss

Silver Member
I started my journey on a Pearl 902. Great set & they lasted a good, long time.
Then I got my DW5000 set & never looked back. Sure, I could upgrade to a 9000 or MCD set, but I have what works & works well.

Tama & the Demon Drives by Pearl are rock solid in every respect. Any of these 3 should do all you'll need for a very long time.