First Cover

sokel17

What's up just uploaded my first cover of Tame Impala's "Mind Mischief". Was wondering what you guys thought and wanted some honest feedback.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum!

I'm assuming you're fairly early in your drum kit learning journey? The part you're playing is not the easiest of patters to keep consistent, but your timing does need a bit of further work. Practicing to a metronome / click will help you.

I applaud your multi instrumental efforts = great job, but the recording sound of your drums is an issue. There seems to be an excessive amount of short reverb in the drum track. Unless that's a deliberate vibe you're trying to create, it detracts from the groove & overall delivery in my opinion. It needs some bottom end & clarity to anchor the track.

Thanks for posting, & please post again :)

sokel17

Welcome to the forum!

I'm assuming you're fairly early in your drum kit learning journey? The part you're playing is not the easiest of patters to keep consistent, but your timing does need a bit of further work. Practicing to a metronome / click will help you.

I applaud your multi instrumental efforts = great job, but the recording sound of your drums is an issue. There seems to be an excessive amount of short reverb in the drum track. Unless that's a deliberate vibe you're trying to create, it detracts from the groove & overall delivery in my opinion. It needs some bottom end & clarity to anchor the track.

Thanks for posting, & please post again :)
Hey Andy, thanks for the feedback! You're right in that I am fairly new to the game I'm 6 months into learning. This was my first time recording using garage band and I was just kinda playing around with effects. I appreciate your advice and will use that in my next cover!