Finding the right heads

That is sort of what I have been reading lately. So if thats the case then which one of the Remo heads would you recommend?

The color sound heads are Ambassadors, Emporers, and Powestroke 77s. They're not hydraulics. Evans will not sound bright at all. They are really thuddy.

Snappy would direct to Ambassadors, punchy to Emperors... I‘d start with Emperors, they are durable, give a good punchy sound and are not dead at all. You could go with blue Ambas as resos...

Snappy would direct to Ambassadors, punchy to Emperors... I‘d start with Emperors, they are durable, give a good punchy sound and are not dead at all. You could go with blue Ambas as resos...
OSDrums the end of your message got cut off. I believe the Emperors are what I should go with.

The color sound heads are Ambassadors, Emporers, and Powestroke 77s. They're not hydraulics. Evans will not sound bright at all. They are really thuddy.

Unfortunately Remo doesn't make Colorsound Ambassadors. Which seems like a big missed opportunity to me; on a lot of drums an Emperor isn't an ideal choice for a bottom head and of course you're going to want to show off the colors to the audience..

As for the original question, I'd suggest staying away from the Hydraulics unless you want the Don Henley sound.

Thanks guys for your input. I definitely don't want the Don Henley sound. So if the Emperor is a good choice for the batter head what would be be best option for the bottom head?

Thanks guys for your input. I definitely don't want the Don Henley sound. So if the Emperor is a good choice for the batter head what would be be best option for the bottom head?

Ambassador or Diplomat. Depends on tuning, snare tension, and how hard you hit. The Diplomat is really thin. If you go table top on the reso you might split it. That being said, it's also incredibly sensitive because it is so thin.

If you tension the reso really tight and beat the crap outta the snare, you would be better served with an Ambassador.

The standard reply is Ambassador on the resonant side. Emperor on top and Ambassador on bottom is the classic rock tom tom sound, and it gives you a lot of tuning flexibility.

Unfortunately Remo doesn't make Colorsound Ambassadors. Which seems like a big missed opportunity to me; on a lot of drums an Emperor isn't an ideal choice for a bottom head and of course you're going to want to show off the colors to the audience..

As for the original question, I'd suggest staying away from the Hydraulics unless you want the Don Henley sound.
That's right! I stand corrected.

I agree with you Moejo. This is a big missed opportunity for them. I would go with an emperor on top and an ambassador on the resonant head.

Back