Finally i have the drum gear for which many people fought for

leo_battery

Hello to everybody
After months of anxious waiting, i finally reached the drum parts.
I am completely full of happiness, not even imagine how I feel. I am totally grateful and indebted to all friends who participated in the thread, mainly with KIS the mastermind behind all this, without him I will never have anything , JER for making all possible, MOLDY, DAVIDR, for helping so disinterested, Drummerworld for making it viable and done everything they have done. Never in my life I dreamed of having a DW double pedal and Sabian cymbals , it was just something that was beyond my reach and miss it for long, but now thanks to you all my dream is realized. All my life I try to give all of you my gratitude, friendship, love and good wishes for you and your families. All may count with a friend here in Cuba, at any time and under any circumstances.Today I will celebrate with my closest friends , we are going to have few drinks and cheers for all of you.
Fom the bottom of my heart , thank you .

Attachments

• DSC05596.JPG
    DSC05596.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 775
  • DSC05598.JPG
    DSC05598.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 776
  • DSC05602.JPG
    DSC05602.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 826
  • DSC05616.JPG
    DSC05616.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 781
This is great news, Leo!

It's really nice to know that the small efforts I made to help out will provide you with years of enjoyment with something we share in common, a love for drumming and music.

Enjoy, Leo - be sure to keep us up to date with how you are making out and the band is doing!

That is awesome news! Enjoy and make some noise!

And don't forget JeremyS who donated the cymbal bag.

Leo, this really has made my day. I was always a bit concerned about the gear getting through Cuban customs, so it's great to hear it all arrived safely. The guys you mentioned pulled together and made this happen. Drummerworld was the catylist, so I think Bernhard, Nutha & Dogbreath have something to be proud of today too. The DW forum is a lot of fun for some of us, a valuable communication tool for many, but above all, a means for experienced players to guide & hopefully inspire younger players. On this occasion, we've actually made a difference and that should warm the hearts of all right thinking drummers. If you believe, as I do, that part of the DW forum members remit is to inspire, then you Leo, have just made the most valuable contribution of all.

We know you will cherish this gear and make the best possible use of it. You make great music in a challenging environment and that should be a model for us all to remember the next time we face challenges of our own.

My fondest regards & love from far away, Andy.

Leo, I found out too late about the initial thread of getting some gear to you, but I thought it was GREAT...to all involved my hat is off to you! Congrats LEO...enjoy your gear and playing.

JIM

Good to see you finally getting the gear that you deserve. It's nice when people do selfless things as these to help fellow drummers. Makes me realize that even if theres alot of bad things in the world, theres always good things and good people. I don't even dare to think about what you did to get those through to Cuba :p.

I was just going to say the same thing. This thread has really restored some my faith in humankind. To KIS and all the others who made this possible, you have my greatest respect, its people like you that make the world go round. It seems a few people missed out (including myself) so if something like this ever happens again PM me and I'll definately donate some funds next time.

And to Leo, keep up the excellent drumming!!!

Ant

I just saw the other Leo threads today, and I must say, I'm disappointed I wasn't on this forum a few months ago to join in. Even so, this made my week. Congrats on the new gear, Leo, and kudos to everyone who helped make this happen!

Glad to see the cymbal bag made it. It was cutting it close on shipping time when I sent it. I was actually a couple days away from selling it on ebay when I saw the original thread. I'm glad to see there are plenty of pies to fill it nicely. The story really touched my heart and I wish I could've sent more. If circumstances line up for a second shipment sometime, I'd be more than happy to help again.
Now we need some vids posted!!!!

What and awesome thread. Great job to all who made this happen. Above and beyond the call of duty.

Keep rockin Leo.

Just curious, was the stuff shipped direct from USA to Cuba? Canada to Cuba?

Can someone give us the skinny, on how this whole thing went down? Sounds like a great success, but I'd love to hear the story.

I always knew there was something special about Andy... and the rest of the DW 'merrymen'. Leo, I'm thrilled for you.. keep this thread alive with what you do with this gear : )

damn i didnt know this was happening. but it makes me feel great that there are people like you guys donating all that equipment. its really heart warming. i hope you enjoy it all leo !

+1, what a very touching story...

F

What and awesome thread. Great job to all who made this happen. Above and beyond the call of duty.

Keep rockin Leo.

Just curious, was the stuff shipped direct from USA to Cuba? Canada to Cuba?

Thanks for your words!!!!!!!!!! Im happy for all of this and very happy to have friends in drumming who share my joy.The stuff was sent Canada to Cuba , from a friend, he came as a tourist and bring me the drum parts.

Back