FINALLY! All my drums arrived and everything's set up..!

Botiarazman

Jeez, what a great feeling...

And here are some pics! Because I promised. And sorry, the room isn't ours, the eggcrates were there already when we moved in, and the floor's all messed up and the boxes are still there - pretty ugly. So, yeah, not entirely our fault. But anyway, here are the drums - hopefully by the time you read this I'll have figured out how to do it, because my pics seem to be too big...

Lookin' sharp! The SCB in White has a real clean, pro look. If you like the way they sound now, just wait until you upgrade from the default heads! Congrats on the new kit!

Lookin' sharp! The SCB in White has a real clean, pro look. If you like the way they sound now, just wait until you upgrade from the default heads! Congrats on the new kit!
Thanks! I'm planning on changing them, but they sound pretty good right now. I'll probably wait until Christmas.

Nice setup! You can do anything with that configuration (y)

It might just be the camera angle but the front of the kick drum looks a bit high off the floor in the first photo. That may be the right way of doing it however and I've been setting mine up wrong all these years. That's entirely possible!

Anyway, sweet setup. Congrats!

Nice setup! You can do anything with that configuration (y)

It might just be the camera angle but the front of the kick drum looks a bit high off the floor in the first photo. That may be the right way of doing it however and I've been setting mine up wrong all these years. That's entirely possible!

Anyway, sweet setup. Congrats!
I like to have my bass drum beater hitting almost parallel to the head... I dont think it's incorrect, but correct me if I'm wrong!

It's so nice to see that Yamaha still knows how to build a beautiful set of drums. Forgive me if you like them, but I'm so put off by the matt finishes and those with the heavy grain showing thru - topped off by a matt finish! In my mind, drums are (or should be) beautiful, shiny, glossy - all the things that have typically appealed to the visual sense.

When I bought my Recording Customs in the tobacco burst finish, I was simply amazed at the visual impact that they had. Whenever I wasn't playing them, I was looking at them and taking in the deep glossy finish and graceful curves of the lugs. To me, those drums were works of art.

And that's why I like your kit. It once again presents the beautiful visual impact that drums should have. They stand out and show off. And I admire every bit of it. Congrats!

GeeDeeEmm

Well, they cost more than the drums... But it was definitely worth it.
Yeah ..... cymbals have a way of doing that !!!! It's real easy to get up over $1000 with cymbals.
When I bought my Recording Customs in the tobacco burst finish ...
I think that's probably the nicest finish the RC's had/have. I had a 22, 13, 16 RC kit in that finish. For a while, Yamaha discontinued it, and I sold the drums after about 2 years because I never found an add-on 14, 15, or 18 floor tom to match.

Thanks! I'm planning on changing them, but they sound pretty good right now. I'll probably wait until Christmas.

If you haven't tried Remo Pinstripes before, they go really, really well with birch drums. I've gotten great results tuning my birch kit wide-open and letting the natural tendency of Pinstripes to dampen the drums a bit versus using 'regular' 2-ply heads and tuning the resonant head higher in order to dampen the drum. YMMV of course.

You're right in wanting the kick drum beater to hit parallel to the batter head so no need to change if that's what you've achieved with that angle. I'll bet it sounds great!

Those look great! I love the set up and the cymbals too. 2-up/two down with offset toms is the same way I set up too.

I also see an S-Hoop on the snare...great choice! I swear by S-Hoops.

That is indeed a nice looking kit.

Back