Finally a great throne that doesn’t weigh a ton !!

RickP

Gold Member

Pearl has a winner here with these thrones - less than half the weight of my Roc N Soc or Tama First Chair thrones and very comfortable and stable .

I'm interested if it wasnt gas. Steel post for me, and honestly a bolt through and not a spindle. I like how it has a Crosstown style tripod.

I'm a lightweight guy. My current lightweight throne has an issue not staying locked. I've been thinking about a new throne for a while now because of this.

Pearl has a winner here with these thrones - less than half the weight of my Roc N Soc or Tama First Chair thrones and very comfortable and stable .
Looks promising. Do you happen to have a weight you could share?

Interesting. How does it compare to a Roc-n-Soc?

Thanks, will check it out. Since getting the Yamaha Crosstown HH stand, my throne is now the single heaviest piece of hardware in my bag!

Those are the oddest looking braced legs - look like thin metal or plastic with no rubber feet? Aluminum I see - sure looks like it wouldn’t be thst strong 3 sided?

I'm interested if it wasnt gas. Steel post for me, and honestly a bolt through and not a spindle. I like how it has a Crosstown style tripod.

I'm a lightweight guy. My current lightweight throne has an issue not staying locked. I've been thinking about a new throne for a while now because of this.
I’ll be interested to see if Yamaha brings out a Crosstown throne at some point. With you on the bolt through, I like to know it’s not going anywhere mid-set. This looks interesting though.

Comfort and portability and it comes out when nobody is gigging, only a drum product could have this poor timing ;) (still a great idea)! I used a Pearl Speed Throne for years it's cheap and portable and I still use it from time to time. Just not the most comfortable at all.

Someone needs to make just a lightweight base that we can put our stool tops on so we can park our arses in comfort and make less trips to the car.

My throne now weighs as much as like my entire hardware rig thanks to the crosstown stuff - it's also the most essential piece as I'm a pretty heavy dude and I need it to be rock solid and comfy for long gigs.

I hope Yamaha comes out with a cross town base that be added to something like a Motion-pro throne: that's actually going to be my next purchase...my roc'n'soc hasn't felt great lately and I'm wondering if that's simply because of age - I've had it for a longgggg time.

EDIT:

I just google OP's throne: that sucker ain't cheap, I was going to pick one up just to try but it's $200 haha. I'd love to try it out first!

I don't know about that. This looks like a rubber "cap" at the end of the leg to me.

View attachment 96173
Thanks LeeBro didn’t look at it close. But the cutaway aluminum struts just brings back scares of our deer climbers we would make- initially steel and heavy plywood which is just to heavy to carry long distances so we went with aluminum- my best friend is a welder. At 200 lbs then they sure had a lot of give- that would give me a scare at times but they did never fail me ( the weight loss worth it). I should have looked closer at feet though- ithe look took me back at some of our experiments with climbers and ladders. I’m sure they are well designed and still well braced. Just that look which I guess I’d never see just like my arse lol.

Thanks, will check it out. Since getting the Yamaha Crosstown HH stand, my throne is now the single heaviest piece of hardware in my bag!

I am doing the same as you - Crosstown hardware or Tama Classic series hardware for my gigs . I was logging around a Tama Ergo rider throne or Toc an Soc nitro and the thrones were as heavy as my hardware bags ! I was very surprised how light this throne was when I picked it up .

Looks promising. Do you happen to have a weight you could share?

I was curious too so I got a hold of people - according to them The D1500TGL throne weighs about 12lbs which is interesting becuase I see the Roc'n'Soc Nitro listed at 14.75 pounds. So according the specs - it's not THAT much lighter but I suppose 3lbs is 3lbs!

Until it was stolen, my only complaint about my pork pie throne was the weight, but I thought it was an okay trade for stability and none of the wonkyness I'd gotten in every other throne. Rattles, wobbles, things loosening over time... None of it happened on my Pork. Not to mention it was the most comfortable seat in most houses.

How does this one feel to sit on?

I am sticking with my Tama 1st chair, the one with 4 legs.

3 legs bad 4 legs good ......

4 legs is not as good if you are playing on an uneven surface . I had one and gigged it for a few years . It became my practice throne and I went with a three legged stand .

Last edited:
I was curious too so I got a hold of people - according to them The D1500TGL throne weighs about 12lbs which is interesting becuase I see the Roc'n'Soc Nitro listed at 14.75 pounds. So according the specs - it's not THAT much lighter but I suppose 3lbs is 3lbs!

My Roc N Soc I used for comparison is a nitro model with a back rest . Without using a scale to measure the weight , they (Roc N Soc nutro and the Pearl ) feel considerably different in weight with the Pearl feeling much lighter.

The Tama Ergo rider weighs approximately 20lbs according to Tama’s website . Now 8lbs is a big difference to me.

My Roc N Soc I used for comparison is a nitro model with a back rest . Without using a scale to measure the weight , they (Roc N Soc nutro and the Pearl ) feel considerably different in weight with the Pearl feeling much lighter.

The Tama Ergo rider weighs approximately 20lbs according to Tama’s website . Now 8lbs is a big difference to me.

Ahh - I bet the back rest makes a big difference too.

Either way I'd love to try one of these out - I'm all about less weight!!! Thanks for the heads up - I don't spend much time looking at thrones to be honest!!

Back