Finally a great throne that doesn’t weigh a ton !!

iCe

I think i'm going to go with the Gibraltar 9608MB throne. Read good comments about it, is affordable and comes with a backrest.
I don't gig or play live and only have to setup my kit in the rehearsal space (where i keep it), so weight is not an issue for me.
Was looking at a gas operated throne too, but don't have that one and thinking of it... having the lever on it makes storing it in my hardware trolley difficult, so the old school 'turn the damn thing' is the way to go for me ;)

1600924397906.png

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

yeah, the hydraulics on my nearly 30 year old Roc n Soc have worked fine...the padding and cover on the stool itself are what are going. I do have many freinds with RnS's that have had the hydraulics that went out after a year or 2....sort of hit or miss

I think I am going to try a Pork Pie....they look sturdy and comfy.

Lee-Bro

I have one of the very first Lunar Roc-N-Soc thrones, one of the first 200 made (from what the company told me). The hydraulic cylinder is fine. What broke on mine were the threads on the base that the cylinder screws into. And it wasn't from just wear & tear. I didn't have it screwed down all the way, was sitting in it, arched back to pop my back and snapped the threads instead...and fell on the floor.

I've picked up a Nitro since then and love it. I need a throne for the band room & I'm willing to give this Pearl throne a try once I can demo it at a store.

RickP

Gold Member
I think i'm going to go with the Gibraltar 9608MB throne. Read good comments about it, is affordable and comes with a backrest.
I don't gig or play live and only have to setup my kit in the rehearsal space (where i keep it), so weight is not an issue for me.
Was looking at a gas operated throne too, but don't have that one and thinking of it... having the lever on it makes storing it in my hardware trolley difficult, so the old school 'turn the damn thing' is the way to go for me ;)

View attachment 96252

Buying a throne because it is cheap ( affordable) is a mistake. Don't get frugal when buying a throne. You can really screw up your back using a cheaper throne. I know from personal experience. Try thrones in person. Make sure they have no wobble when you turn around or shift.

jimb

I’m tempted to go find a nice wooden stool at my throne height and use that since everything I do is local anyway. That would be the lightest and stablest, and cheapest 😉
Don't laugh but I use a cut down black Ikea dining room chair....way comfortable, light and relaxing. In fact why did drummers start using little skinny thrones and not chairs....keys use chairs, ensemble players use chairs....drummers...nah

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Don't laugh but I use a cut down black Ikea dining room chair....way comfortable, light and relaxing. In fact why did drummers start using little skinny thrones and not chairs....keys use chairs, ensemble players use chairs....drummers...nah
Because we’re all about appearances 😉