Final configuration, for now. I hope!

Grampz

So after adding a double bass pedal,
I have finally settled on what I think is a final configuration.

It just felt weird having to fish the Left Bass pedal under the Hi-hat leg.
But I am a Noob...So yeah.
config.jpgPedals.jpg

DIY Stick holder made of duct tape, zip ties, and plastic canvas mesh.

Mesh.jpgDuctTape.jpgZipTies.jpg

The stick holder turned out better than I thought.
Hold 3 sets of sticks well 4 sets get a bit crowded.
Just folded the canvas Taped the BJebus out of it and poked some holes for the zip ties to attach it to the holes on the snare.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

So after adding a double bass pedal,
I have finally settled on what I think is a final configuration.

It just felt weird having to fish the Left Bass pedal under the Hi-hat leg.
But I am a Noob...So yeah.
View attachment 99869View attachment 99870

DIY Stick holder made of duct tape, zip ties, and plastic canvas mesh.

View attachment 99871View attachment 99872View attachment 99873

The stick holder turned out better than I thought.
Hold 3 sets of sticks well 4 sets get a bit crowded.
Just folded the canvas Taped the BJebus out of it and poked some holes for the zip ties to attach it to the holes on the snare.
that is how I have had my left bass pedal on my set for 15+ years...I got used to it

I am sure I could just go out and g et a double legged HH stand, or some other modern fix, but I am used to it now

MntnMan62

that is how I have had my left bass pedal on my set for 15+ years...I got used to it

I am sure I could just go out and g et a double legged HH stand, or some other modern fix, but I am used to it now
Looks good. I found a new Pacific double leg hi hat that is nice and solid and cheap. But I could just as easily kept my Ludwig three leg hi hat stand. Both are just as functional. The only time a 2 leg hi hat might be preferred is if you are gigging and breaking down and setting up the kit on a frequent basis. You’re good to go. Now you can focus on learning double bass.

Last edited:

Grampz

Yeah, my Wife said I was done spending money...Meanwhile, my OCD says something looks out of place haha... Wife wins every time!