Female drummers?

There are many around and I'll bet none of them like being called "chicks", or "hot babes". Women, female drummers, female musicians, or just drummers will do just fine. If this lady drummer spent time in the Navy, Navy band or orchestra, jazz band she would have been very disciplined and probably not real flashy. Play the music pretty much as required.
Best female drummer I know is Hillery Jones ,who by the way was educated at the Navel school of music.
She's got chops up the wazoo.

I came across this female drummer on YouTube. Ex-Navy drummer. Her playing is extremely clean & controlled. I attached a video to her channel. Check out her video on push/pull if you have the time

reminds me of my youth...having to learn and play songs on a 4 piece that were originally played on a much bigger kit. I did not get a bigger kit till I was 24. Cool to see how she handles the fills and interp!!

I was perusing the new Paiste website and found Elise Trouw and she plays various instruments and sings. So I just picked one random video to watch and this is the first one that I watched. I really liked her hi-hat playing.

The "Ex-Navy drummer" is Camellia Akhamie Kies. Akhamie Music, LLC | Camellia Akhamie Kies, CEO
She's right here in Florida. Enormously talented, with a very wide playing range. We are really fortunate to have her here!
In the video below, the drumming starts at 0:35

Don't know what's going on with Hilary now. I did see her live with Robben Ford many years ago and she kicked ass.

Not sure why. I've been here several years and love & respect abound.
When I started playing again in '97 after a long break, the drumming community was very much an ol' boys network, as was the music biz. Asking a simple questions got very sarcastic, condescending replies, I think even more so if it was perceived that you might be female. I left several forums because of it. After playing again and regaining confidence in my abilities I again returned for the knowledge base. I'm happy to see that MANY things have changed on this forum. Everyone is VERY welcoming and answers to NOOB's are respectful and full of knowledge. I am also happily surprised at how inclusive everyone seems to be to approaching female drummers as 'just drummers.' The days of "You're pretty good, for a girl." are fading into the past quickly.

Don't know what's going on with Hilary now. I did see her live with Robben Ford many years ago and she kicked ass.

She's made every political public figure mistake you can make and gotten dumped by every single brand haha.

I know there's a lot of notoriety regarding Nandi, and some pushback as well...but she's just so infectious to me. Yes, i'm sure there are many other young drummers, male and female, with her chops (or better), but I simply enjoy watching her, and the joy she displays while playing.

And this clip, playing with two major heavyweights, picking up stuff on the fly...that was a damned fun clip. I always enjoy any clip with either Chad or Gregg, and to have them both, with Nandi, was a treat. Thanks for sharing that.

I know there's a lot of notoriety regarding Nandi, and some pushback as well...but she's just so infectious to me. Yes, i'm sure there are many other young drummers, male and female, with her chops (or better), but I simply enjoy watching her, and the joy she displays while playing.

And this clip, playing with two major heavyweights, picking up stuff on the fly...that was a damned fun clip. I always enjoy any clip with either Chad or Gregg, and to have them both, with Nandi, was a treat. Thanks for sharing that.
Anyone who pushes back against Nandi is a jerk. She is the real deal and plays guitar and bass very well, too.

Back