Fell On Black Days - Drum Cover

Fox622003

Gold Member
Sorry, but with that drumset, I expected a TON more :-/. What you are playing is very simple, and it doesn't really hold up. So I don't see how you'd be playing something a little more challenging with success at your current level.
I strongly suggest seeking a teacher, as there's a lot to work on with your hand technique.
Your Atomship's cover is a lot better in many aspects for example, but still shows the same shortcomings. A thing in particular regarding technique are your "doubles", which are really badly executed Multiple Bounce Rolls. There's a lot more.
Anyway, you are by no means an incurable player who absolutely sucks; just take some lessons man.

Fox.

jwildman

Sorry, but with that drumset, I expected a TON more :-/. What you are playing is very simple, and it doesn't really hold up. So I don't see how you'd be playing something a little more challenging with success at your current level.
I strongly suggest seeking a teacher, as there's a lot to work on with your hand technique.
Your Atomship's cover is a lot better in many aspects for example, but still shows the same shortcomings. A thing in particular regarding technique are your "doubles", which are really badly executed Multiple Bounce Rolls. There's a lot more.
Anyway, you are by no means an incurable player who absolutely sucks; just take some lessons man.

Fox.
I am taking lessons but the guy is spending forever on snare drum practices. Thanks man

specgrade

I give you some serious props for posting the vid.

I played this tune in the last band I was in. You seem disinterested in playing it. I love this song. Listened to 1:23 again, something's a miss. I really emphasize the snare part here. More feeling is needed, ya have to own the song...1,& flam 1,& crash. I thought it looked like you had just finished a 2 hour set and were just going through the motions on the next song.

Don't knock the time spent doing snare work. That's where the magic begins.

Overall, good job!

Btw, Your "Killing in the Name" cover...that's what I'm talking about, you owned it!