Feeling the music need tips

Ikebongo

I was practicing today and felt pretty ok abt my playing. then decided to turn on some music to play with it. all of a sudden i felt like i had no idea what i was doing and couldn't connect with the song so i just went on to the next one. it was prob cause i was tired but like i was just thinking ok keep time with you left hand (im lefty) and do the snare drum with your right hand nice and easy. i tried some fills and blew it. idk. anyone can help that would be nice. thanks.

yammyfan

It happens, and being tired brings it on more readily.

I wouldn't make much of it other than to acknowledge the fact that you need to get a good night's sleep before a show or other important event. It's a simple lesson and easy enough to absorb :)

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
The moon was void of course all day yesterday, except from 12 AM to 2:24 AM EST. At 2:24 AM the moon moved out of Leo, and started traveling towards Virgo, where it arrived at 12:25 AM today. So yesterday, the moon was in limbo all day.

Void of course...that means the moon is finished being in one sign and is moving towards the next sign, but isn't there yet. The moon is in limbo so to speak in relation to the zodiacal houses. It's in between signs. The moon dwells in each of the 12 zodiacal houses for about 2.5 days each month. (the sun stays in just one house for the full lunar month) So each and every month there are 12 moon void of courses to be aware of. It's really very useful information.

Nothing is supposed to be attempted or undertaken during void of course, it usually doesn't produce anything. This can't always be observed obviously as there are things to be done. But this has been proven true in my own life and it's a great thing to be aware of. Anything of importance I have to do...I check my moon calendars ahead of time in an effort to optimize my success.

It's OK you can laugh :)

I've had gigs where I felt just way off, so the next day I looked at my trusty moon calendars and found out that indeed, the gig was during a void of course.
This has happened many times. Yea, it sounds wacky but it's completely legitimate. Anytime I feel off, I check my calendars. Many, not all times, yes the moon was in VOC.

The moon has a profound effect on the water in our body. Profound. I've researched and learned to use a tiny bit of ancient moon knowledge...successfully...in a few different aspects of my life (gardening, mowing, sowing, planting, pruning, harvesting, watering, fishing, being aware of VOC) and IMO there is definitely something to it . The ancients knew astrological stuff that we are completely clueless about.

So it's not you, you can blame it on where the moon was lol.

Last edited:

JustJames

Platinum Member
Also, always ensure that your kit is correctly aligned with any ley lines that are present in your area.

KamaK

Platinum Member
I was practicing today and felt pretty ok abt my playing. then decided to turn on some music to play with it. all of a sudden i felt like i had no idea what i was doing and couldn't connect with the song so i just went on to the next one. it was prob cause i was tired but like i was just thinking ok keep time with you left hand (im lefty) and do the snare drum with your right hand nice and easy. i tried some fills and blew it. idk. anyone can help that would be nice. thanks.
My general advice to improve feel: Take a dance class. You can likely sign up at that Taekwondo joint in the strip mall on the corner of Washington and Main.

JustJames

Platinum Member
Bonus tip: place small pebbles in your shoes, and enjoy the benefits of reflexology while you play!

Metal drummers have been known to exceed 200ppm* in some songs.

* Placebos per minute