Feeling exhausted when drumming..

cbphoto

Gold Member
I meant the testing. I haven’t been to a doctor’s office in decades, so I‘m not fully informed on these things.

Next question: Is low testosterone a diagnosis that’s been around for decades? Or is this a “new” thing caused by _________ (fill in the blank with: high sugar diet, cell phones, wifi radiation, frozen pizza, etc.).

MntnMan62

I meant the testing. I haven’t been to a doctor’s office in decades, so I‘m not fully informed on these things.

Next question: Is low testosterone a diagnosis that’s been around for decades? Or is this a “new” thing caused by _________ (fill in the blank with: high sugar diet, cell phones, wifi radiation, frozen pizza, etc.).
Everytime I go to the doctor and he has me do blood work they show my Testosterone levels.

rhumbagirl

COVID-19 survivor? Low oxygen levels would definitely cause fatigue. And we know many are reporting permanent damage to their lungs from COVID-19. An oximeter can be had for $20-30 from your local drug store. IIRC 98% or better is a healthy reading.

You could get a antibody test to confirm you're a COVID-19 survivor. If you don't have insurance, you can donate plasma 3 or 4 times over a month period to offset the cost. IIRC, they're paying 30% more for plasma that contains antibodies.

EDIT: Per Mayo clinic, oximeter reading of 95-100% is normal, less than 90% is low.

Last edited:

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
When I started my PhD at the Medical College I went I was in the Endocrinology and Physiology Department-the Chairman was some famous Endocrinologist-Dr. Mahesh. Anyways after a couple of years (after I took Physiology core for grads) I transferred to Cell Biology and Anatomy (took Cell and Developmental Bio and Anatomy core then-so took gross Anatomy with med students). I got a great education-double doze LOL. Anyways high testosterone use to be associated with prostate cancer-for years. However much better studies have found it's almost like Goldilocks-too little to too much can increase your risk for high grade cancers. So I'm cautious to take exogenous-my Dad did give them to take when I was in high school and working out with weights for football-but I didn't take them long-reading Physician Desk Reference I didn't like it. That worried me for years because link but now not so worried. Another thing can be your thyroid-it affects your metabolism and about every major organ. I'd go see a doc to rule out some nasty neurological issue or maybe Lyme disease or something weird. Bats infesting peoples homes has been causing asymptomatic rabies-as people get sick and have no clue why-then discover they've got rabies (just from infesting home). So you just never know.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
This is a real thing?
Definetly a real thing and sometimes, apart from rest, it can sometimes be as easy as getting enough salt and magnesium. Simply put, hydration and the main mineral that helps all other nutrients work correctly.

Our body is made to survive extreme inbalances, but it has to cut the corners somewhere, which means not optional function, just the best for the situation and materials it has to work with.

Medications that work on hormones as well as strong stuff that really works on symptoms ien't something to take lightly. Do the tests, but try to fix the main underlying issue naturally. Most drugs have side effects, fix only symptoms(even hinder your body to learn how to work properly again) and the reasons you get put on them is, as in most cases, MONEY.

Last edited:

NouveauCliche

You should have your testosterone checked.it effects mood , stamina,sex drive . anything good about you it effects
I was just about to post this.

I have a friend who is around the same age that had similar issues - and it's been a roller coaster ride getting his hormones back in check. It was a MAJOR life turning point for him and has required a huge change in nearly everything he does to fix the issue. He's trying to avoid full testosterone replacement therapy because that becomes a lifelong thing.

Regardless of whether or not this is the problem - it should suggest the potential scale of the problem and why you should absolutely go to a medical professional for the symptoms you are suffering.

"You" being OP. @Tamadrum1234

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Posts deleted. Discussing personal gratification actions is not appropriate on this forum, and nor are insulting replies.

Well sometimes when you play drums it’s all about your technique, for instance if you’re using every limb to play a different part it’ll be tiring, also playing drums is a good way to start your day not end it. I suggest playing hours that are good for you and maybe getting good exercise to be able to play drums.

cburgess

What does your warm up look like? Do you do any stretching? Both before and after your practice sessions? Improper warm up and cool down, or the lack there of, can really create issues. On top of it, you need a minimum of 7 hours of sleep to perform well over time.