So, I just told my boss that I was moving to NY and she started crying.... now I'm sad... I can't stop thinking about it... : (
Just get a really tiny kit, and muffle them really good for your apartment or what ever you are living in! Then you are good to go! That is what I would do at least. No fancy drum set, just enough to get the craving out.It is something I want really bad, it just sucks that I have to hurt people in order to get there. I know its not a good reason not to go though. Why are we moving?... Well we just got back from visiting, and I absolutely fell in love with the city! I loved everything about it.. the people, the food, the crowds, the small spaces, even the smelly subway stations. It probably won't be forever, maybe 2-3 years. I just feel like if I don't do it now, I'm going to look back at my life and regret it. I love my life here, and I love my job.. I just feel like there is something more... plus it will be amazing for my career to be able to be a hairstylist in NYC! I probably won't be able to take my drums though, so that sucks.
Quote from the Urban Dictionary (urbandictonary.com)I forgot to ask what "pffft" means?
well i didnt really mean it in a put-off kind of fashion, it was more of an expression of satirical confusion about your being sad by having to go to NYC, if that makes any sense. Cause, like i said, NYC is AMAZING! i had this italian place right next to our "peregrine" (house) we called it, it was called salvatores. Incredible, easily the best italian food i've ever had, ever. but then it went outta business, a sad day that was indeed.Quote from the Urban Dictionary (urbandictonary.com)
1. An expression of a lack of interest in another persons comment
2. Used to look down upon another
3. Fine, whatever, i dont care
4. An expression of dismissal of another's comment.
5. The sound of a silent and deadly rectal emission. <----- My favorite
6. A noise you make when you are bored with something someone is saying
7. A forced exhalation of air which produces the noise pfft
done when you disagree with someone.
8. An expression of disgust, disdain or disapproval, usually uttered after someone has just told you something totally inane or uninteresting.
Yeah, Manhattan's great, but you've got to have some loud money baby!I live in Astoria and I can vouch for it being a nice area and still fairly reasonable price-wise. Manhattan is nice too if your money talks loud.