Feedback Solicitation - Starboy Cover

mattmc3287

I have tried a few times in the last several months to cover this song, but I just could never quite fall into the pocket. Mostly because I couldn't hold the tempo with 16th notes on the hats like I wanted to do the cover. I've been practicing more here lately and this song came up in the shuffle while I was jamming the other night and what you see in the video is the result.

Lately, I feel like my playing is improving after several months of not much progress at all so I want to capitalize on this momentum by soliciting feedback from my brethren in drumming. I know I rushed and dragged here and there and was sloppy in several places, but does anything jump out at you that I can focus some practice time on? The things that jump out at me are the same things that always jump out at me when I review my jam sessions. Just looking for some fresh ears and some constructive critcism.

As a side note, I am thoroughly impressed with the audio quality produced by the mic on the iphone. Cheers, gents!

Back