feedback on my drumming

you have a pretty fluid sound to the beat you have going on there but you seem to try to rush a little bit
but it's still very good

Great grooving -- dynamic, fat and tight. There seemed to be a tiny mishap at 1:28, when the bass drum rushes just enough to disjoint the feel for a second. Another one happened at 2:25, but this time it goes on the draggin' side. These are of course minor quibbles, and I'm sure you're aware of these as well. You could try going for a more laid back feel for this track. The harmony and melody move at a relaxed pace, and your forward moving groove seems to contradict them somewhat. You could also make more dynamic variations within the song form. You kept a steady dynamic throughout the song, which might get boring after a while.

I would have liked to hear a bigger variety of fills, rhythms and orchestrations. If I'm not mistaken, 90% of the fills went RLRLRL with the last R on the rack tom. Explore the possibilities of the sticking, and don't be shy to break away from the groove with different rhythms, stickings and orchestrations.

not bad man!
how long have you been playing?

if it was me, I would loosen the snares slightly, but that's just my preference.
nice work :)

thanks guys, i've been playing for a little past 3 years. i do have trouble with creating different fills other than RLRLRL. any advice because i always feel like my fills need to be short and compact, and what comes out 90% of the time is RLRLRL

Back