Favourite Drummer, Bass player Combo

RogerLudwig

S.P. Leary on drums; Willy Dixon on Bass (Howlin' Wolf)

Mickey Hart & Bill Kreutzmann on drums; Phil Lesh on bass (Grateful Dead)

Buddy Miles on drums; Billy Cox on bass (Band of Gypsys)

donv

Silver Member
All the great ones have already been mentioned but since i'm from Michigan I also have to mention:

Don Brewer & Mel Schacher-Grand Funk Railroad

Charlie Martin & Chris Campbell-Bob Segar & The Silver Bullet Band.

Bonzolead

I saw Charlie not to long ago playing keyboards in a classic rock cover band. Unfortunately they were using a drum machine. Here's a pic from 02 or 04? Obviously he's on the left. IMO, it was Charlie that kept Seger in a rock band rather then the psuedo country band he became. Teegarden could have done it, but he never seemed to want to stick with anything.

http://www.bigcitybluesmag.com/Photo Events new/DetroitDrummers.jpg

Strangelove

Gold Member
Well, besides the already mentioned Clarke/Williams all star team, I would have to say Lee/Peart. Those two are like a left hand and a right hand working in coordination with each other - neither one runs over the other, especially on syncopations. They simply compliment each other. Rush is a textbook example for younger drummers on the invisible line between a drummer and the bass player.

Funky Crêpe

Silver Member
dave holland and billy kilson. That some parring, but sadly dave moved on to another drummer, a shame, billy fitted perfectly into his quintet in my opinion.

Jojo mayer and Janek Gwizdala. They were together in 2008 with nerve, we all know how great jojo is, but look up Janek Gwizdala, he is a fantastic bass player

Noel Redding and Mitch Mitchell ~ The Jimi Hendrix Experience.

Pete Agnew and Darrell Sweet ~ Nazareth.

They can't be forgotten!

thiscocks

Jeff Porcaro- Mike Porcaro
Vinnie- Niel Stubenhaus
John JR-Louis Johnson
Carlos Vega- Jimmy Johnson
Harvey Mason- Abe Laboriel

bonzolead

Platinum Member
I saw Charlie not to long ago playing keyboards in a classic rock cover band. Unfortunately they were using a drum machine. Here's a pic from 02 or 04? Obviously he's on the left. IMO, it was Charlie that kept Seger in a rock band rather then the psuedo country band he became. Teegarden could have done it, but he never seemed to want to stick with anything.

http://www.bigcitybluesmag.com/Photo Events new/DetroitDrummers.jpg
It's really unfortuate what happen to Charlie but he is one of the few drummers with a great voice also. he is really a down to earth guy.

Bonzolead

Wolf

John Bonham / John Paul Jones
Tim Alexander / Les Claypool
Mitch Mitchell / Noel Redding
Billy Cobham / Ron Carter
Earl Hudson / Darryl Jenifer

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
Carter Beauford and Stefan Lessard - Dave Matthews Band

Gavin Harrison and Colin Edwin - Porcupine Tree

Danny Carey and Justin Chancellor - Tool

Neil Peart and Geddi Lee - Rush

-Jonathan

Last edited:

zepplin92

man i got to throw some Levon helm and Rick Danko from the Band, their incredible together. thanks for all the replies guys, really its appreciated.

M

michael drums

Here's a new combo I like...

Chad Smith and Michael Anthony, of "Chickenfoot"

;-)

bonzolead

Platinum Member
I got to throw in:

Frank & Charlie from Anthrax & Greg Lake & Carl Palmer from E.L.P. how's that for apples LOL

Bonzolead

bamdrummer

Chad & Flea from RHCP
also for only one album...

Dave Grohl and Nick Oliveri from Queens of the stone age

but mostly chad and flea